Physician Director of Medical Operations
Regional Director of Medical Operations
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to use your leadership skills and expertise knowledge of medicine to help heal the workers of America’s workforce. At Concentra, we serve 44 states in 522+ clinics across the country. Concentra colleagues remain fueled by our driving purpose: to provide outstanding patient experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and caring manner. We do this by putting our patients first.
Builds clinical teams focused on service delivery, driving key business metrics, clinician support and growing core business. Also, responsible for implementation of strategy and maintaining internal and external relationships across the markets. Ensures superb patient care, satisfaction, and employer experience. Accountable for clinical management of all sites (centers and on-sites) within area of responsibility. 100% G&A with 80% of the time spent at sites.
- Ensures quality and patient safety through the execution of clinical model across markets and service lines.
- Manages key clinical metrics and holds clinicians accountable for PI’s, case length, days to first recheck, COP, Specialist Referral Rate and other disability management and referral pattern metrics delivered by Clinical Analytics.
- Monitors clinical outcomes and intervenes in outlier cases.
- Maintains clinical proficiencies in patient care and EMR/PM systems to support the ability to coach and fill in as needed. Identifies need for Coding and EMR Specialists intervention for field re-training.
- Participates in appropriate risk management activities.
- Drives patient and client experience/satisfaction metrics such as TAT, NPS, NPER, ENPS.
- Mentors clinicians on service delivery (e.g. managing difficult patients).
- Works collaboratively with therapy and operations to ensure appropriate support and work flows to foster caring environment for treatment.
- Maintains and demonstrates relationships with employers, payers, referral sources, networks, local communities, etc. to drive market growth while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Mentors and coaches clinicians regarding the clinical model, outcomes, business metrics, patient/client satisfaction and center management.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for clinicians within the region including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, orientation, mentoring/development, engagement, retention, performance management and succession planning.
- Ensures patient care delivery teams are functioning at an optimal level.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration across multiple fields and teams to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Develops and implements action plans to address gaps in financial performance and growth across service lines to achieve the annual business plan.
- Plans and carries out strategies as well as new clinical and business processes within the region.
- Manages clinical staffing and personnel costs.
- Manages and monitors key clinical metrics including efficiencies, cost per encounter, coding and documentation, and others, while understanding the relationship between these and financial outcomes.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Direct reports: Center Medical Director (CDM)
- Indirect reports: In the absence of the CDM(s) will oversee Center staff and medical professionals
- Budget responsibility: Yes
- Board Certified in Occupational Medicine, or other Primary Care specialty (such as Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, or Internal Medicine)
- Must have 5 years of practicing Occupational Medicine
- Leadership overseeing numerous clinics.
- Current unrestricted medical license in state of jurisdiction as required for clinical and/or business duties
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Medical degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from accredited institution
- ACLS Certified preferred
- Minimum five years directly applicable experience including relevant clinical and supervisory experience for clinical scope
- Preferred three years of experience in managed care, physician management and occupational/preventive medicine consulting with employer groups.
- Experience developing and leading medical quality improvement programs, preferably in a managed care setting.
- Many of our clinics offer working hours M-F, 8 to 5, no nights, no weekends, no holidays – along with 30+ days off a year.
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients,
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans