Physician Associate Director of Medical Operations, Kansas City
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Functions as a full-time treating clinician as either a CMD or Market Float and works with Director of Medical Operations to ensure consistency of clinical care delivery and market staffing. Assumes CMD responsibilities within center(s) while acting in ADMO Market Float position. 100% clinical coverage, treating in centers and Onsites
- Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and demonstrating an exceptional patient experience.
- Assumes the role and responsibilities of CMD, whether functioning in the capacity of CMD at a specific location or in the capacity of the Market Float.
- Identifies and communicates to DMO opportunities to improve clinical quality, workflows, and safety at the center and market levels.
- Drives patient and client experience and satisfaction metrics.
- Practices excellent service delivery and leads by example.
- Works with DMO and DTO to identify clinical improvement opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with operations to ensure appropriate support and work flows that foster a caring environment for treatment.
- Maintains and leverages relationships with employers, payers, referral sources, networks, and local communities to drive market growth, and responds to requests within 24 hours.
- Mentors and trains future clinical leaders while treating.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Assists with or leads clinical meetings for DMO as needed.
- Understands center financial drivers and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
- Assists DMO, ADO and EA to make staffing adjustments to unforeseen coverage needs.
- Direct reports: Varies
- Budget responsibility: Yes
- Board Certified Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Current unrestricted medical license in state of jurisdiction as required for clinical and/or business duties.
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction.
- Medical degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from accredited institution.
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Minimum 5 years directly applicable experience including relevant clinical and supervisory experience for clinical scope.
- Preferred 3 years experience in managed care and physician management. Experience developing and leading medical management and quality improvement programs, preferably in a managed care setting.
- Strong service philosophy, mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
- Agrees, supports, and commits to Concentra’s core practice standards and Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, presentation, listening, telephone, negotiation, business and medical writing skills necessary to convey information to supervisors, peers, or customers.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications.
- Working knowledge of Human Resource principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of performance management
- Proven ability to effectively supervise other professionals
- Skilled in reviewing the clinical work of others according to professional standards and practice guidelines.
- Ability to supervise, evaluate, coach, and develop staff.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Ability to “put patients first” and enjoys treating patients.
- Superior patient/customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
- Must be a team player in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Demonstrates a value of all contributions to product and outcome
- Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor (no arrogance) at all times both to external and internal clients.
- Ability to display high degree of inspiration for team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve, to be audited, observed, and reviewed; is positively responsive to feedback.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Basic computer skills, including email.
- Preferred experience with electronic medical record.
- Excellent critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Sense of urgency, accustomed to tight deadlines, fast paced environment and ability to quickly adapt to change and stressful situations.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
- Maintain licensure and skills.
- Attain and/or maintain board certification.
Working conditions/physical demands
- Medical Center environment
- Fast paced environment
- Travel within area/region of responsibility
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans