Physician Clinic Medical Director - Blaine, MN
More time for your patients and more time for you. It’s time to learn more about careers at Concentra.
This role offers an opportunity for physicians to blend their love of patient care with their management skills, working for the leader in the workplace health industry.
Our Center Medical Directors are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to exceptional patient care. Additionally, they facilitate efficient and effective center operations by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a difference as you watch your direct leadership impact the health of America’s workforce.
Concentra Blaine Center: 10190 Baltimore St. NE, Blaine, MN 55449
Center Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 AM-5 PM
No nights or weekends required
- 100% Outpatient
- Occupational Medicine/Workplace Health/Employee Health Focused
- Partner with On-Site Physical Therapy Department
- OnSite Digital X-ray
- Robust front & back office support team
- Collaborate with Center Operations Director & Center Physical Therapy Director
- Provide comprehensive occupational medicine services, including, but not limited to:
- Preventive services for local businesses: pre-employment & maintenance physical exams, surveillance testing, biometric & wellness events
- Treatment of minor injuries sustained at work & crafting return to work plans
- Urgent Care services (unrelated to the workplace) are also offered, although this remains a small percentage of total visits.
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR
Patient Care / Clinical Outcomes
- Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient experience.
- Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
- Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes: Practice Indicators, COP, GRV, LOS, TAT, Specialist Referral Rate, Primary Care Case
- Duration, Days to First Recheck, % of cases with Lost Time, Limited Duty, and Full Duty.
- Manages clinicians and support staff, and complies with APC supervisory requirements.
- Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
- Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
- Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care orders.
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations
Patient, Employer, Payer Experience
- Drives patient and client experience metrics.
- Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes.
- Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
- Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration within CLT and across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
- Promotes center initiatives and work flows that are consistent with those in other centers.
- Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business met
- Active and unrestricted IL License
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted Illinois DEA
- Occupational Medicine Experience preferred
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare
- Generous Paid Time Off Package
- 24 days annually of regular PTO
- 5 days annually of CME PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Paid extended illness days
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.