Lead Patient Service Specialist Warren, MI
Relying on experience and working under general supervision, performs any combination of non-routine and complex clerical duties requiring specific technical and general knowledge of systems and/or procedures in accordance with Concentra policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients and visitors and directs them accordingly.
- Obtains authorization as needed to process patients for services needed.
- Admits patients into OccuSource or manually in accordance with client company protocols.
- Explains all required paperwork and forms to patients and ensures proper completion of all paperwork.
- Answers incoming telephone lines in accordance with company procedures and directs the caller accordingly.
- Checks out patients either via Occusource or manually according to procedure and distributes records according to the Employers protocols.
- Files paperwork, medical records and correspondence according to defined company procedure.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and printed forms.
- Manages dissemination of all paperwork to outside parties including non-injury paperwork, custody and control forms.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines and safety rules as outlined in training received.
- Attends center staff meetings.
- Participates in ongoing training.
- Completes processing of patient referrals including accurate checkout, paperwork processing, patient education and communication with Client Support Services as required.
- Assists Center Administrator in managing daily administrative functions.
- Completes understanding and ability to perform in all aspects of front office operations.
- Effectively trains and guides new front office staff.
- Independently resolves center operation challenges without direction.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- 1 2 years’ experience in a medical office environment
- Knowledge and application of charge entry functions, charge entry review and charge posting.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented office environment.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans