Under general supervision, receives visitors, answers telephone, determines nature of business and responds appropriately.
The receptionist will ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by self by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routes incoming calls to appropriate personnel. Must have solid understanding of company/clinic structure so that proper decisions can be made insofar as routing calls.
- Greets vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors, and arrange for transportation services, when needed. Displays exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills in all of these interactions.
- Sorts and distributes all incoming and outgoing mail and for sorting and distribution of faxes and email correspondence as appropriate.
- Maintains appropriate documentation such as visitor logs, calendars, etc.
- Participates in staff meetings when appropriate to ensure maximum knowledge of and contribution to company/clinic personnel.
- Effectively utilizes all technological and automation tools.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as typing, filing, mailing, data entry, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- One - three years experience as a receptionist for a large company.
- Previous experience with a multi-line switchboard.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills; primary focus should be providing customer service and client satisfaction.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Knowledge of MS Word is mandatory; MS Excel and Lotus Notes is a plus.
- Must work independently, as well as with a team; is willing to pitch in and do what it takes to assist.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written abilities
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office environment.