Medical Assistant Driver
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge of (operations, healthcare, etc.) to help improve the health of America's workforce? With a national footprint of more than 500 medical centers and more than 130 onsite clinics nationwide, Concentra colleagues are fueled by our drive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and exceptional care for their employees.
Drive a full size double cab pickup truck towing a 22’ trailer to regional employer onsite’s. The Medical Support Specialist (MSS) performs routine medical and testing procedures under direct supervision of the treating clinician as well as supports in other areas of the facility as needed including registration and referral management. This role requires efficient and accurate delivery of one-on-one patient care while thriving in a fast-paced environment. The MSS ensures that every patient is treated the with quality clinical care and receives an excellent patient experience from welcoming, respectful, and skillful colleagues.
• Drives motor vehicle to transport office personnel, visitors, or documents
• Use good judgement and safe driving skills while being courteous to customers
• Communicate with the COD and/or ACOD to report any problems or delays
• Perform miscellaneous errands such as carrying mail to or from post office
• Maintain vehicle’s appearance and notify the COD and/or ACOD if the vehicle requires servicing
• Record all transports with mileage.
• Complete daily and monthly vehicle checklists
• Perform lite vehicle maintenance.
• Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with supervisors, staff, and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high-quality service.
• Respect patients' rights to privacy and confidentiality
• Maintain an orderly and professional working/driving atmosphere
• Assist with additional tasks to support clinic operations, including but not limited to, results reporting, drug screening, and rooming patients.
• Perform Department of Transportation (DOT) and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing
• Prepare patients for physical examinations, including taking vital signs and any required or requested ancillary testing including but not limited to vaccines and injections, phlebotomy, PFTs, audiogram testing and respirator fit testing.
• Perform rapid screening tests (influenza, strep, mono, glucose, etc.)
• Assist providers during examination and treatment
• Responsible for performing routine medical procedures as ordered by treating clinician as well as triaging emergent patients as needed
• Prepare and assist clinician with procedure set up and injury care
• Apply bandages, dressings and splints as ordered by the treating clinician
• Dispense medications and DME as ordered by the treating clinician in accordance with state regulations
• Complete quality assurance activities on equipment and medical devices as well as testing processes used in the center
• Maintain supplies, clean rooms and equipment, and stock exam rooms
• Maintain and operate all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures
• Notify supervisor immediately if equipment is not functioning properly, supplies are needed, or facility is not operating as expected
• In partnership with center leadership, assist with patient flow and volume
• Keep patients informed of expected wait times during all aspects of the center visit.
• Responsible for clerical tasks in both the front and back office associated with patient care and proper record keeping.
• Ensure accuracy in documentation.
• Perform front office duties: greet patients, obtain authorization, check in/out, communicate wait times, answer multi-line telephone system, and distribute employer results/paperwork as needed
• Follow HIPAA guidelines and safety rules.
• Attend center staff meetings or huddles as required
• Assist in maintaining a neat, clean, and orderly appearance throughout the facility.
• Complete any applicable training including but not limited to clinical competency training that occurs monthly.
• Must have a valid license to operate motor vehicle as well as a clean driving record.
• Must meet licensing requirements of work state.
• Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited school (credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations) or Military Medical Specialist with current Medical Assistant credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
• Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
• Life & Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
• Colleague Referral Bonus Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Commuter Benefits
• Dependent Care Spending Account
• Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONCENTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, INCLUDING DISABILITY/VETERANS