From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, is responsible for day-to-day interactions with various contractors and vendors regarding the maintenance projects throughout the US. Within this fast-paced environment, this position must handle multiple service ticket requests and assignments and meet designated deadlines with great attention to detail and capital expenditure. Projects may also include: minor construction, renovation and preventative maintenance.
With this opportunity comes the responsibility of keeping our locations fully functional. It also requires providing the Facilities Manager and Senior Facilities Manager with input in the planning and design coordination of current and future medical centers, the contractor/vendor bid process, contract negotiation with contractors/vendors, and all aspects of the construction and post-construction phases. This position requires exceptional communication and organizational skills, some travel and the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Responsible for coordinating the team in all aspects of maintenance of medical centers throughout the United States.
- Monitors and assists with service ticket requests to maintain Concentra’s portfolio of over 600 locations
- Provides daily administration of facility maintenance to ease the workload of operational teams and advises the Facilities Manager of any problematic issues.
- Assists the Facilities Manager and Senior Facilities Manager with building and refining resource listing of national contractors/vendors.
- Identifies and directs preventative maintenance opportunities/programs.
- Maintains zone and regional level status reports for the real estate and market leadership teams.
- Identify maintenance cost saving initiatives across the markets.
- Works closely with the market leadership teams, the corporate real estate team, architects, real estate brokers, landlords, construction companies, various external vendors, and internal support departments (IS, Telecom, Radiology and Procurement).
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience (preferably healthcare construction experience).
- Construction experience in retail, commercial and office environments (preferably with medical center experience).
- Two years of hands-on experience in facilities management or in a related field.
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- Demonstrated leadership skills in overseeing a maintenance team
- Successful contract negotiation skills.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and managerial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a structured corporate environment.
- A desire to excel
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents/proposals and build strong relationships with contractors/vendors.
- Knowledge of general federal, state and local building codes and OSHA including HIPAA codes as related to facility compliance.
- Knowledge of building systems (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and security).
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.