Cash Reconciliation Specialist
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to use your problem solving skills and knowledge of finance to help heal America's workforce? At Concentra, we serve more than 500 medical centers and 130 onsite clinics nationwide. Concentra colleagues remain fueled by our driving purpose: to provide outstanding patient experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and caring manner. We do this by putting all customers first.
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
The Cash Reconciliation Specialist performs a variety of moderately complex to complex tasks related to cash and credit card deposit tracking, bank verification and reporting for multiple medical practice locations.
- Maintain the integrity of the Cash Management Application system as it relates to documented deposit transactions
- Reconcile, research, and resolve all medical center daily deposit packets variances
- Safeguard and maintain medical centers deposit verification forms and patient information
- Prepare batches and maintain detailed Excel spreadsheets that record and track daily deposits
- Communicate daily with medical center operations and other parties to ensure appropriate and timely handling of cash
- Generate and review all necessary reports for month-end close
- Perform daily bank uploads from several bank sources
- Research and provide appropriate documentation for Chargebacks and Retrievals
- Research Unidentified deposit transaction
- Research NSFS for business unit identification and submit to applicable parties for accurate posting
- Process patient Amex credit card transactions upon request
- Process all patient debit card refunds
- Validate and perform data corrections and electronically deposit daily payments for Central Billing Office
- Responsible for preparing daily deposits for multiple bank depository accounts
- Verify accuracy of internal deposits submitted by centers and investigate discrepancies until corrected
- Prepare bank deposits in the format required by bank, to include the electronic processing of checks and manual processing of checks for several payment types
- Record deposit information by payment type on deposit worksheet or systems to serve as accurate and daily source of information for accounting bank reconciliation
- File deposit documentation so that information can be retrieved quickly to resolve issues in timely manner
- Research patient accounts utilizing practice management system when information provided is not sufficient to process deposits and to research lost payments
- Communicate with accounting department regarding any bank variances Concentra is a national health care company focused on improving America’s workforce, one patient at a time. Through our affiliated clinicians, we provide occupational medicine, urgent care, primary care, physical therapy, and wellness services. Concentra also serves employers by providing a broad range of onsite health services in worksite medical facilities.
- Follow-up on all pending issues
- Interpret data from various reporting sources
- Perform various weekly audits of bank transactions
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Customarily has at least one or more years of accounting experience, bookkeeping, reconciliation, bank teller or retail cash handling and balancing experience
Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability to communicate effectively utilizing customer service and organization skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under tight time schedules
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate 10-key numeric pad by touch
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, duties, and priorities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts