Deposit Preparation Specialist
Do you want to use your problem solving skills and knowledge of finance to help heal America's workforce? At Concentra, we serve more than 500 medical centers and 130 onsite clinics nationwide. Concentra colleagues remain fueled by our driving purpose: to provide outstanding patient experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and caring manner. We do this by putting all customers first.
The Deposit Preparation Specialist performs a variety of tasks required to process daily deposits and report deposit amounts received.
- Organizing Mail:
- Receive and separate mail
- Open and separate checks received to be processed
- Distribute received correspondence to appropriate departments Preparation of Batches/Deposits:
- Copy checks received
- Run two tapes off of live checks received
- Run one tape off of copied checks received
- Reconcile and balance tapes
- Complete deposit slip for live checks received
- Endorse checks and separate back-ups from check
- Attach one tape to deposit slip and live checks, and one to the corresponding copied checks. File the tapes by month.
- Enter batch and deposit information into billing and collection system
- Print out batch cover sheets to attach to copied checks and back up from checks
- Complete courier sign-off sheet
- Prepare deposit for courier to take to the bank and deposit
- Scan checks and processes as needed
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience preferred
- Customarily has at least six months experience with general office skills and multi-location practice
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate 10 key numerical pads
- Attention to detail
- Ability to operate 10-key numeric pad by touch
- Ability to perform arithmetic functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to work independently
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/veterans