Physician Onsite Oversight Hagerstown, MD PRN
Concentra is looking for a Physician to provide oversight and occasionally treat patients at our onsite center. The commitment is 12 hours per week.
Subject to the medical protocols established by Physician Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Concentra and in cooperation with other physicians assigned to a clinic or “Center”, Physician shall provide primary medical direction and coordination of professional medical care within the occupational health program. Directly reports to Center Medical Director.
- Clinic environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Physician Association and Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Meets with Concentra’s Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Assists in scheduling and medical coverage for company owned or Physician Association managed centers.
- Participates in quality management processes.
- Medical physician to provide oversight and mentoring to onsite PA
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, medical support staff, and other personnel of Physician Association or Concentra.
- Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs, and conduct work place on-site visits.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Participates in the local “on-call” program of Concentra and Physician Association.
- In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans