RN Registered Nurse Manager Hagerstown, MD
Concentra is seeking an RN with Occupational Health experience for a full time Onsite Nurse Manager opportunity. Eligible candidates will have previous Occupational Health and Nurse Manager or Supervisor experience. COHN and/or CCM are preferred. Qualified candidates will have good customer service, communication and computer skills.
- On site Occupational Health Center (OHC) in Hagerstown Maryland with 1900+ employees which the OHC manages their work related injuries, short term disability, pre-employment services and surveillance programs.
- Center is open 24 hours Monday through Friday and staff consists of physicians, physician assistants, physical therapist, registered nurses, EMT and medical support staff.
- Shift is primarily during dayshift hours (7:30am through 5:30pm) but may be required to occasionally fill in for other shifts as needed.
- Directs the development and administration of occupational and environmental health and safety services for clients, in accordance with Concentra policies, practices, procedures and applicable regulations to achieve objectives of occupational health and safety services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops implements and administers the policies and procedures of the occupational and environmental health and safety program, consistent with the company’s general policies concerning health services.
- Develops and manages the budget that provides for efficient and cost effective occupational and environmental health and safety services, including vendor services.
- Plans, develops, and promotes the necessary resources to operate the occupational health service.
- Collaborates in the design of controls for injury prevention and health surveillance related to actual and potential hazards in the work environment.
Maintains and safeguards confidentiality of employee health information and health records.
- Assigns work responsibilities and work schedules, monitors work assignments, and evaluates staff performance.
- Coordinates orientation of new occupational health nurses and other health services personnel including opportunities for in-service education/staff development and continuing professional educations.
- Critically evaluates reported research from applicability of findings to practice.
- Provides occupational health information for the ongoing employee education and new employee orientation programs designed to prevent injury and illness and optimize health by promoting effective management of personal health problems.
- Collects and analyzes data to establish health priorities and interventions.
- Initiates investigative interventions such as worksite and job hazard analysis as needed.
- Conducts and documents program evaluation which includes measurement of immediate and long term outcomes, quality of interventions, and cost benefit analysis.
- Maintains awareness of technological and professional changes associated with occupational and environmental health and safety.
- Establishes relationships with appropriate community agencies to participate in disaster planning efforts and identify community resources for individual workers and management.
- Provides learning opportunities for student nurses in the occupational health setting.
- Conducts or assists with research studies and projects.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional development and continuing education.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 24 months clinical nurse experience
- 12 months Occupational Health Nurse experience preferred
- NIOSH and CAOHC Certification preferred but not required
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secures information management.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Exercise and counseling knowledge
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to speak effectively to convey information to supervisors, physicians, peers and patients
- Instructing skills to teach others
- Skills at documenting and recording information
- Ability to follow instructions
- Customer oriented
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Clinic environment
- On-site environment may be more of an office environment
- Some lifting, sitting and standing required
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled