Health Screener Part Time Wilmington, MA
Relying on experience and working under general supervision, a Concentra Health Specialist performs any combination of non-routine and complex clerical duties requiring specific technical and general knowledge of systems and/or procedures in accordance with Concentra policies and procedures and applicable regulations. Based on the needs of the Client, the Health Specialist will need to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the various work shifts (including nights and/or weekends). Based on the needs of the Client, this position is temporary.
- Greets patients, communicates wait times and directs them accordingly
- Checks patients in appropriate patient management system in accordance with client company protocols
- Explains all required forms to patients and ensures proper completion of all paperwork
- Checks out patients in appropriate patient management system according to procedure and distributes records according to the Employer’s protocols
- Performs the bio-metric (i.e., body temperature) for each patient (client employee) reporting for their assigned shift and based on reading provides guidance to the respective client employee
- Follow-ups with client representative, immediately, regarding any deviations from normal temperature
- Manages dissemination of all paperwork to outside parties including non-injury paperwork, custody and control forms
- Follows HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
- Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards
- Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the assigned work area
- Perform other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Previous medical office experience, preferred
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook and entry of data into various systems/applications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Work is performed in a reception area. Involves frequent telephone and face-to-face contact with clients and patients. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
- Work may be demanding at times and requires some flexibility in working hours to handle variation in the inflow of patients and cover the needs of the Client.
- Work requires sitting and standing for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies.
- Requires moderate typing skills and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, faxing, telephone, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary, including writing of reports, correspondence or notes.
- Normal or corrected vision to acceptable levels for common office work.
- Hearing must be in the acceptable range for in-person and/or telephone contacts.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans