Medical Support Specialist Health Screener - part time
The primary role of the Concentra health screener specialist is to observe associates self-collecting specimens by either anterior nasal swabbing or saliva collection and to ensure adequate specimens are obtained. Concentra colleagues will intervene only if they see an Associate performing a self-collection inaccurately based on the visual testing instructions or if the Associate has a question. Secondary roles include maintaining a clean environment, assuring a safe environment for all involved including wearing masks and social distancing, assisting associates with the test process, and helping onsite leaders assure protocol is being followed. As a Concentra colleague, you will represent our company professionally and with positive behaviors and attitudes consistent with our Orange Book Values.
Based on the needs of the Client, this position is temporary.
The shift is Thursdays 8am-12pm.
- Greets patients, communicates wait times and directs them accordingly
- Checks patients in appropriate patient management system in accordance with client company protocols
- Explains all required forms to patients and ensures proper completion of all paperwork
- Checks out patients in appropriate patient management system according to procedure and distributes records according to the Employer’s protocols
- Observes serial viral RNA testing (anterior nasal swab and/or saliva) on asymptomatic associates
- Follows HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
- Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards
- Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the assigned work area
- Perform other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program, training as a medical assistant, or military medical specialist with current credentials in the state of employment
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans