Physician Downtown Louisville, KY
As one of the largest and most rapidly expanding health care companies in the nation, we are looking for a Physician who is passionate about promoting healthy lifestyle changes and to support our focus on health, wellness and the patient experience. Our Onsite Staff Physician position allows you to focus on the patient's illness and dedicates time to spend with patients discussing prevention while you lead in helping employees at our health and wellness center learn to live a healthier life. We are looking for someone who understands how to support this mission and lead a team that makes a difference in people's lives every day. This role is a truly unique experience focusing on patient well-being and clinical care~ Are you ready to make a real difference, and help create the future of healthcare? If you are a physician looking for a career which allows you the time to treat patients holistically, please apply. We offer excellent benefits and a culture focused on well-being and ongoing success. Consider joining Concentra as a Physician Leader today.
WHY THIS OPPORTUNITY IS UNIQUE:
- At our Concentra onsites the focus is on quality of care rather than on patient volume. You will be asked to see on average no more than 3 patients per hour for episodic care and will have 45 minutes per patient for new patient physicals.
- You will have an opportunity to design, develop, and implement various health and wellness programs in order to screen for disease and practice primary prevention.
- Our onsite centers are only open to our employer partner's employees and sometimes their dependents. You will have the opportunity to develop long standing relationships with this patient population, build their trust, and truly help influence their health and wellbeing.
- You will have the ability to integrate health coaches, employer sponsored disease management programs, and other onsite staff into the treatment model in order to ensure that patients get all the help they need on their journey towards a healthy lifestyle.
- You will have access to clinical best practices and our Medical Expert Panel recommendations.
- We offer a state of the art EMR to assist you in your documentation.
- This is an opportunity to practice medicine as you envisioned it without having to complete all of the paperwork required by payers in the community practice setting
- Warm and welcoming clinic environment.
- Medical support staff to assist in the day to day operation.
- Minimal Travel
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with Area Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Physician Association and Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Meets with Concentra’s Area Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Assists in scheduling and medical coverage for company owned or Physician Association managed centers.
- Participates in quality management processes.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, medical support staff, and other personnel of Physician Association or Concentra.
- Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs, and conduct work place department visits.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Basic computer skills and preferably experience with electronic health records.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and teach.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to patient care.
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction.
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university.
- Board Certification or Eligibility in a related field.
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred two to five years of experience in primary care, urgent care or emergency medicine setting.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans