Physician Onsite, Louisville, KY Full Time
As one of the largest health care companies in the nation, Concentra has an exciting opportunity for you. If you are passionate about promoting healthy lifestyle changes and to support our focus on health, wellness and the patient experience, this position is a perfect fit. We are looking to welcome an additional staff physician at our privare onsite medical center in downtown Louisville.
Onsite clinical care offers many advantages including the opportunity to develop strong relationships with the employees and to coach them to live healthier lives. You will work as a team with another physician (Center Medical Director), a center manager (Center Operations Director), two medical assistants, front office assistant, and a dietician. You will also have the opportunity to get out into the office facility in order to learn more about the employees and to assess factors that impact their personal wellbeing. This role is a truly unique experience focusing on patient well-being and clinical care.
At Concentra, you not only are rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year but also by the recognition you receive as a leader within the company. Your ideas will be heard. In addition to patient care, every Physician has the opportunity to make an impact on procedures and policies at the Center. Take a closer look at Concentra.
WHY THIS OPPORTUNITY IS UNIQUE:
- At our Concentra onsites the focus is on quality of care rather than on patient volume. You will be asked to see on average no more than 3 patients per hour for episodic care and will have 45 minutes per patient for new patient physicals.
- You will have an opportunity to design, develop, and implement various health and wellness programs in order to screen for disease and practice primary prevention.
- Our onsite centers are only open to our employer partner's employees and sometimes their dependents. You will have the opportunity to develop long standing relationships with this patient population, build their trust, and truly help influence their health and wellbeing.
- You will have the ability to integrate health coaches, employer sponsored disease management programs, and other onsite staff into the treatment model in order to ensure that patients get all the help they need on their journey towards a healthy lifestyle.
- You will have access to clinical best practices and our Medical Expert Panel recommendations.
- We offer a state of the art EMR to assist you in your documentation.
- This is an opportunity to practice medicine as you envisioned it without having to complete all of the paperwork required by payers in the community practice setting.
You will see patients ages 2 and above, both employees and dependents.
Adults: Primary Care, Urgent Care, annual preventive/well woman exams/PAPs, serving as PCPs, and wellness (weight loss, dietician referral, etc)
Peds: Urgent Care, sports physicals, flu vaccines
No occupational medicine or work injuries seen at this site.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 10a-7p. With an hour lunch or 30 min lunch and 30 min break.
You will only be single clinician from 6p-7p, as there will be 2 other clinicians from 10a-4p and 1 other clinician from 4p-6p that will overlap with your shift
Patient volume: average 18 patients in an 8 hour day.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with and supports Center Medical Director and to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Physician Association, and Concentra.
- Meets with Center Medical Director to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in quality management processes.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for medical support staff, and other personnel of Physician Association or Concentra.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Works with the Center Operations Director to ensure daily operational readiness.
- Provides clinical oversight and guidance to ancillary medical personnel and center colleagues.
- Coordinate with and refer patients to employer sponsored wellness/benefit programs.
- Interfaces with the client contact and Concentra leadership to report on aggregate data pulled from the EMR. These stewardship reports take place quarterly and provide the client with a better understanding of the return on their investment in the health center.
- Procedural skills are a plus, such as laceration repair, assess corneal abrasions, remove splinters, abscess drainage.
- Basic computer skills and preferably experience with electronic health records.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and teach.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to patient care.
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction.
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Two+ years of experience in primary care, urgent care or emergency medicine setting.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans