Patient Service Specialist
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge of healthcare to help improve the health of America's workforce? With a national footprint of more than 500 medical centers and more than 130 onsite clinics nationwide, Concentra colleagues are fueled by our drive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and exceptional care for their employees.
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, has an opening for a Patient Service Specialist. Working in the Front Office is one of the most important roles in our company. You are the face of Concentra to our communities. We will rely on your ability to maintain a calm, friendly and welcoming demeanor under just about any circumstances.
Concentra offers limitless growth opportunities so you can continue to build your career in the health care field. You will receive hands-on training and gain valuable experience caring for patients every day. Your positive attitude and excellent communication skills will make a direct, meaningful impact on the patient experience.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
As a Front Desk Receptionist, you are the first and last point of contact to our patients, you will serve as a Patient Service Representative to ensure patients feel comfortable during their visit, multitasking between greeting patients and managing a variety of administrative assistant duties.
• Medical Receptionists greets patients and visitors, communicates wait times and directs them accordingly.
• Obtains authorization as needed to process patients for services needed.
• Checks patients in appropriate patient management system in accordance with client company
• Explains all required forms to patients and ensures proper completion of all paperwork.
• Answers incoming telephone lines in accordance with company procedures and directs the caller
• Checks out patients in appropriate patient management system according to procedure and
distributes records according to the Employer’s protocols.
• Files paperwork, medical records and correspondence according to defined company procedure.
• Maintains inventory of office supplies and printed forms.
• Manages dissemination of all paperwork to outside parties including non-injury paperwork,
custody and control forms.
• Follows HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
• Attends center staff meetings and participates in ongoing training as a Medical Front Office Assistant
• Completes processing of patient referrals including accurate checkout, paperwork processing,
patient education and communication with Client Support Services as required.
• Assists Center Administrator in managing daily front desk administrative assistant functions.
• Complete understanding and ability to perform in all aspects of front office operations
• Performs receptionist duties to achieve or exceed established service standards
• Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the facility
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year of experience in customer service environment preferred
- Demonstrated Intermediate knowledge of PCs, word processing, and data entry
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills
- 401(k) with Employer Match
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans