Physician Clinic Medical Director, Midtown Atlanta, Full Time
This role offers an opportunity for physicians to blend their love of patient care with their management skills, working for the leader in the workplace health industry.
Our Center Medical Directors are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to exceptional patient care. Additionally, they facilitate efficient and effective center operations by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a difference as you watch your direct leadership impact the health of America’s workforce.
Schedule: Monday - Friday. No nights or weekends required.
Location: Midtown Atlanta
Patient Care / Clinical Outcomes
• Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient experience.
• Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
• Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes.
• Manages clinicians and support staff, complies with APC supervisory requirements.
• Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
• Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
• Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care.
• Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
Patient, Employer, Payer Experience
• Drives patient and client experience metrics.
• Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes.
• Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
• Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
• Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
• Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
• Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
• Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care,
• continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
• Leads and promotes collaboration across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes
• Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
• Promotes center initiatives and workflows that are consistent with those in other centers.
• Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics.
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in a related ABMS or AOA specialty, such as: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Med-Peds, Emergency Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Occupational Medicine, Orthopedics
• Active and unrestricted Georgia Medical License
• Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
• Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
• Must be eligible to participate in Medicare (for Urgent Care patients)
This is a W2, employed opportunity. Our Physician colleagues enjoy a competitive base salary, bonus plan and robust benefits package, including:
• Generous Paid Time Off Plan, including:
24 days of Vacation PTO per year, 5 days of CME PTO per year, 6 paid holidays per year and 6 paid extended illness days per year. PTO increases with tenure.
• Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
• Center Achievement Bonuses
• Medical Malpractice Coverage
• CME Allowance/Time
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
• Life Insurance/Disability
• Colleague Referral Bonus Program
• Relocation assistance
• Reimbursement for licensure, certification and membership renewals
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans