Director of Operations Atlanta, GA
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
• A healing focus
• A selfless heart
• A tireless resolve
Builds teams focused on service delivery, driving key business metrics, clinician support and growing core business. Also responsible for implementation of strategy and maintaining internal and external relationships across the markets. Ensures superb patient care, satisfaction, and employer experience. Accountable for operational management of all sites (centers and onsites) within area of responsibility. 100% G&A with 80% of the time spent at sites
- Ensures execution on core business model across markets and service lines.
- Monitors key metrics to achieve patient consistency: % MS Referred, Visits per Case, % Therapy SDE, % Seen, PI’s, LOS, NPER, TAT, and NPS.
- Ensures staffing optimization and holds staff accountable to impact workflow and patient experience for all disciplines and sites.
- Assists CODs and ADOs in assessing center processes and work flows to continuously improve the patient experience.
- Ensures clinician ability to focus on patient care and outcomes. Accountable for supporting and driving the following (with clinician leader approval): clinician recruiting, clinician W2W (90 day schedule), all credentialing, FTE spreadsheet, salary analysis, and contract labor.
- Meet NPER/NPS targets.
- Works collaboratively with clinical and therapy to ensure appropriate support and work flows to foster caring environment for treatment.
- Maintains and leverages relationships (to include stewardship and client meetings) with employers, payers, referral sources, networks, local communities, etc. to drive market growth.
- Resolves/addresses (if resolution not available) all customer and center issues within 48-72 hours.
- Mentors and coaches operations leaders regarding business metrics, patient/client satisfaction, center management, etc.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for operations within the region including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, orientation, mentoring/development, engagement, retention, performance management and succession planning.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration across multiple disciplines and teams to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Develops and executes action plans to address gaps in financial performance and growth across service lines to achieve the annual business plan.
- Plans and executes strategies and business processes within market.
- Monitors and manages appropriate key business and clinical metrics: GRV, EBITDA, efficiencies, PI, cost per encounter, coding and documentation and other metrics as determined by senior leadership.
- Reviews key indicator reports - IOS, suspense, DOT, ops dashboard, etc. to take action in order to achieve annual business plan. P&L ownership and financial responsibility for market level budget and all metrics.
- Maintains accountability for implementing and consistently maintaining center initiatives and work flows.
- Direct reports: Varies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration or related field
- 3-5 years of direct management experience
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
- Excellent telephone and personal etiquette
- Warm, positive, energetic demeanor
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Tactful and diplomatic communication style
- Outstanding professional demeanor
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of performance management
- Effective performance assessment skills
- Continued focus on self-development
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment without direct supervision
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
- Ability to resolve colleague, client and patient issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Arithmetic knowledge and its application
Working conditions/physical demands
- Administrative/clinical/medical environment
- Fast paced environment
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled