Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, has an opening for a Front Office Medical Assistant. The Front Office Medical Assistant is one of the most important roles in our company. You are the face of Concentra to our communities. We will rely on your ability to maintain a calm, friendly and welcoming demeanor under just about any circumstances.
Concentra offers limitless growth opportunities so you can continue to build your career in the health care field. You will receive hands-on training and gain valuable experience caring for patients every day. Your positive attitude and excellent communication skills will make a direct, meaningful impact on the patient experience.
As the first and last point of contact to our patients, you will ensure patients feel comfortable during their visit, multitasking between greeting patients and managing a variety of administrative and direct patient care duties.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: As a Medical Assistant you will:
- Welcome patients and obtain medical histories from patients; verify patient information
- Assist providers during examinations and treatment
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
- Dispense medications within the scope of practice as ordered by the treating providers and in accordance with state regulations
- Assist the front office team as needed
- Training as a medical assistant, or military medical specialist with current MA credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year of experience in customer service environment preferred
- Demonstrated Intermediate knowledge of PCs, word processing, and data entry
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented office environment
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.