Physician Clinic Medical Director
From our 500+ locations nationwide, including our 31 Florida centers, we provide a full spectrum of workplace healthcare, to help America’s workforce stay healthy and safe throughout their careers.
We are seeking a Full Time Physician (Center Medical Director) to join our team in Tampa.
This role offers an opportunity for physicians to blend their love of patient care with their management skills, working for the leader in the workplace health industry.
Our Center Medical Directors are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to exceptional patient care. Additionally, they facilitate efficient and effective center operations by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a difference as you watch your direct leadership impact the health of America’s workforce.
- Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
- No nights or weekends required
Core services include:
- Career focused preventive care, including pre-employment fitness for duty exams, maintenance physicals & surveillance testing.
- Treatment of 1 in every 5 minor injuries sustained at work in the United States.
- Early intervention sports medicine approach, to help patients rehabilitate from acute musculoskeletal injuries, via our physician’s collaborative approach with on-site physical therapy & orthopedics.
- Urgent Care services offered to the community:
- Treatment of minor injuries and acute illnesses
- Sports physicals, travel health services & immigration exams
- We do not provide traditional primary care services; we do not manage chronic conditions.
Your safety and the safety of our patients is our top priority. To mitigate exposure to COVID in our clinics as much as possible, we are currently not accepting walk-in sick visits presenting with COVID symptoms.
Patient Care / Clinical Outcomes
- Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient experience.
- Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
- Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes.
- Manages clinicians and support staff, complies with APC supervisory requirements.
- Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
- Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
- Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care.
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
Patient, Employer, Payer Experience
- Drives patient and client experience metrics.
- Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes.
- Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
- Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes
- Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
- Promotes center initiatives and workflows that are consistent with those in other centers.
- Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business
- Board Certification or Eligibility in an ABMS or AOA recognized specialty preferred
- Active and unrestricted Florida medical license
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction (required prior to start date)
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare (While this is a very minimal percentage of patients we see annually, this is a credentialing requirement for Urgent Care, as we accept all forms of insurance– you cannot be currently opted out or ineligible to participate)
- FMCSA NRCME certification (required prior to start date, we provide this CME for those not already certified)
BENEFITS (Full Time)
This is a W2 employed opportunity – we do not offer 1099/contractor options
Compensation package (x4)
o Competitive base salary with annual merit increase opportunity
o Monthly RVU Bonus Incentive
o Quarterly Quality Care Bonus Incentive
o Annual Director Stipend
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Claims Based Medical Malpractice Coverage; Tail Provided
- Annual CME Allowance
- Reimbursement for dues on renewal of applicable licensure, certifications, memberships, etc
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off package oAccrue 24 days of PTO Annually + 6 Paid Holidays + 5 Extra Paid Days CME Time + 6 Paid Illness Days. PTO increases with tenure.
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Concentra Perks: Corporate Discounts with most Fortune 500 goods & services
- Relocation Assistance or Student Loan Repayment Assistance available upon request
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans