Physician Clinic Medical Director
More time for your patients and more time for you. It’s time to learn more about careers at Concentra.
Our Center Medical Directors are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to exceptional patient care. Additionally, they facilitate efficient and effective center operations by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a difference as you watch your direct leadership impact the health of America’s workforce.
Our Florida locations provide a full spectrum of workplace healthcare services, to ensure America’s workforce stays healthy and safe throughout their careers.
- Services include preventive care, such as pre-employment fitness for duty exams, maintenance physicals, surveillance testing, immunizations & travel health services.
- We offer injury care solutions for non-life-threatening injuries sustained at work.
- Our centers are complemented with OnSite Physical Therapy and Orthopedic specialist support, to help our patients restore function and mobility.
- We offer Urgent Care services to the community, seeing patients ages 2 and up for minor injuries, sports physicals, etc. This is a small percentage of our overall visit, generally less than 5%.
With 522 locations nationwide, we provide care for America’s workforce in 44 states. The CMD role offers an opportunity for physicians to blend their love of patient care with their management skills, working with the leader in the workplace health industry.
Center Medical Director Schedule
- Monday - Friday
Your health and well-being is our top priotity.
At Concentra, employee safety during the pandemic is a top priority. In addition to our standard infection control protocols, we are:
• Not accepting sick visits presenting with COVID-like symptoms at this time
• Enforcing the use of masks
• Performing continuous sanitization of clinics
• Providing staff with PPE
Patient Care / Clinical Outcomes
•Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating anexceptional patient experience.
•Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to driveoptimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
•Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to qualityoutcomes.
•Manages clinicians and support staff, complies with APC supervisory requirements.
•Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation thatpromotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
•Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
•Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriateand optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care.
•Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
Patient, Employer, Payer Experience
•Drives patient and client experience metrics.
•Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes.
•Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outliermanagement, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
•Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requestswithin 24 hours.
•Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that willoptimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
•Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
•Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and supportstaff within the center.
•Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care,continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
•Leads and promotes collaboration across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes
•Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) andoutcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
•Promotes center initiatives and workflows that are consistent with those in other centers.
•Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics.
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred in related ABMS/AOA recognized specialty
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare for Urgent Care patients
This is a W2, employed opportunity.
Our Physician colleagues enjoy a competitive base salary, bonus plan and robust benefits package, including:
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan, including: 24 days of Vacation PTO per year, 5 days of CME PTO per year,6 paid holidays per year and 6 paid extended illness days per year. PTO increases with tenure.
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Compensation Plan:
- Annual Base Salary
- Annual Director Stipend
- Monthly wRVU Bonus Opportunity
- Quarterly Quality Care Bonus Opportunity
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Relocation assistance
- Reimbursement for licensure, certification and membership renewals
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Concentra is proud to be a drug-free workplace. All new colleagues will complete a pre-employment drug screen upon hire.