Physician Assistant PRN
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a PRN Physician Assistant who will provide comfort and care to patients when they need it most. As a PRN Physician Assistant, you will be the go-to provider for examinations as you work one-on-one helping patients. The treatments you provide, based on the exam results you and your team review and interpret collaboratively, will make a huge impact on the wellbeing of your patients.
At Concentra, you are not only rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year, but you are also recognized as a key contributor within the company.
Our Sarasota team is looking for an experienced PA-C to join our PRN flex scheduling team.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinic environment - 100% outpatient
- Occupational Medicine/Employee Health focused practice, with urgent care services offered to the public
- Local clinics in Sarasota & Bradenton
- Visit our locations tool to see approximate location/commuting distance
- Monday - Friday (not open on weekends)
- 8am-5pm shifts
- Work alongside other full time clinicians(Physician - PA-C and FNP)
- Robust front and back office support team
- Physical Therapy department OnSite
- OnSite digital Xray
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR
- Flexible Dress Code:
- Business Professional or Plain Black Scrubs
- PRN flexible scheduling: schedule 1-2 months in advance
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
§ Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
§ Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
§ Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
§ Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
§ Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
§ Meets with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
§ Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
§ Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
§ Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
§ In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
At least 2 years of relative experience in occupational medicine, urgent care, or an emergency medicine setting is preferred
- Active and unrestricted Florida License
- Graduate of accredited PA or FNP program of accredited university
- Board Certification
- FMCSA NRCME (Required prior to start date if not already certified. We provide this CME)
- Active Florida DEA and dispensing license (Required prior to start date if not already certified.)
- Must be comfortable treating patients ages 2 and older
- Proficiency with treatment of minor injuries and skilled with minor procedures
- Must be able to be credentialed with all payors, including Medicare (no opt out), as we accept all forms of insurance for urgent care visits
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Colleagues Referral Bonus Program
- CME opportunities
- Concentra Perks
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans