Physician Clinic Medical Director Full Time
Physician - Full Time Center Medical Director
- Monday - Friday.
- No nights or weekends required
- 7a-4p or 8a-5p option
Patient Care / Clinical Outcomes
- Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient
- Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case
- Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes: Practice Indicators, COP, GRV, LOS, TAT, Specialist Referral Rate, Primary Care Case Duration, Days to First Recheck, % of cases with Lost Time, Limited Duty, and Full
- Manages clinicians and support staff, and complies with APC supervisory
- Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient
- Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical
- Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC
Patient, Employer, Payer Experience
- Drives patient and client experience metrics.
- Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes
- Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that willoptimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
- Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration within CLT and across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
- Promotes center initiatives and work flows that are consistent with those in other centers.
- Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics.
- Leadership that focuses on people development, specifically mentoring, training and developing clinical staff and colleagues
- Execute daily effective and optimal patient care management
- Ensure optimal execution of clinical model playbook as well as identify indicators for clinical improvement while also confirming accurate records/billing
- Build an appropriate treatment environment throughout center that follows State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/ WC Regulations
- The safety of you and our patients is our top priority. At this time, we are not accepting sick visits presenting with COVID-like symptoms.
- 100% outpatient
- OnSite Digital Xray
- Partner with OnSite Physical Therapy department
- Occupational Medicine / Employee Health focused practice
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR system
- See on average, 3 patients per hour
- We do not offer primary care/chronic disease management services
- Dress Code:
- Physician dress code flexible option:
- Plain black scrubs
- or Business Professional
- White coats are provided (optional)
- Physician dress code flexible option:
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred in an ABMS or AOA recognized specialty
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Active and unrestricted full Florida medical license
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted FL DEA license
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare/not opted out as we accept all forms of insurance on the Urgent Care side
- FMCSA NRCME required prior to start date
- Generous Paid Time Off Package includes 24 days of regular paid vacation annually + paid holidays + paid CME days + paid sick days
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Base Salary + Monthly & quarterly bonus opportunities
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans