Physician Clinic Medical Director
More time for your patients and more time for you. It’s time to learn more about careers at Concentra.
Our new Orlando Southchase location provides a full spectrum of workplace healthcare services, to ensure America’s workforce stays healthy and safe throughout their careers.
Services include preventive care, such as pre-employment fitness for duty exams, maintenance physicals, surveillance testing, immunizations & travel health services. We also offer injury care solutions for non-life-threatening injuries sustained at work.
Our centers are complemented with OnSite Physical Therapy to assist with helping our patients restore function and mobility, as well as an Orthopedic specialist team to provide additional support. Additionally, Urgent Care services are offered to the community, as we welcome patients ages 2 and up for minor injuries, sports physicals, etc.
With 522 locations nationwide, we provide care for America’s workforce in 44 states. The CMD (Center Medical Director) role offers an opportunity for physicians to blend their love of patient care with their management skills, working with the leader in the workplace health industry.
Monday - Friday, no nights or weekends required.
Patient Care / Clinical Outcomes
- Spends 100% of time in a center: providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient experience.
- Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
- Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes.
- Manages clinicians and support staff, complies with APC supervisory requirements.
- Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
- Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
- Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care.
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
Patient, Employer, Payer Experience
- Drives patient and client experience metrics.
- Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes.
- Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
- Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes
- Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
- Promotes center initiatives and workflows that are consistent with those in other centers.
- Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics.
- Leadership that focuses on people development, specifically mentoring, training and developing clinical staff and colleagues
- Execute daily effective and optimal patient care management
- Ensure optimal execution of clinical model playbook as well as identify indicators for clinical improvement while also confirming accurate records/billing
- Build an appropriate treatment environment throughout center that follows State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/ WC Regulations
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred in a related ABMS/AOA recognized specialty such as: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Occupational Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Active and unrestricted Florida medical license
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare for Urgent Care patients
- NRCME (if not already certified, we do provide this CME)
- Generous Paid Time Off Package 30+ paid days off annually
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses and competitive base salary
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME paid time off & CME allowance
- Additional reimbursement for dues on licensure, certifications, memberships, journals
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Colleague discounts with most Fortune 500 goods and services
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans