Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner PRN
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a PRN Physician Assistant who will provide comfort and care to patients when they need it most. As a PRN Physician Assistant, you will be the go-to provider for examinations as you work one-on-one helping patients. The treatments you provide, based on the exam results you and your team review and interpret collaboratively, will make a huge impact on the wellbeing of your patients.
While this is PRN employment and shift availability is subject to change seasonally, at this time, we are seeking availability to provide a commitment of 20 hours/weekly or more.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinic environment
- Sign up for shifts in advance
- Work in multi-clinician centers with robust support staff
- OnSite Physical Therapy dept
- OnSite digital xray
- Multiple locations available for shift coverage:
- Orlando North
- Orlando Airport
- Orlando Southchase
- *Optional to travel statewide if interested
- Occupational Medicine focused; urgent care also offered
- Shift times are most commonly:
- Weekdays only: We are not open on weekends
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
§ Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
§ Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
§ Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
§ Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
§ Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
§ Meets with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
§ Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
§ Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
§ Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
§ In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
Experience in occupational medicine, urgent care, or an emergency medicine setting required
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited PA program of accredited university
- Board Certification
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- FMCSA NRCME required prior to start date (if not already certified, we provide this CME to all new colleagues)
- Florida DEA and dispensing license required prior to start date
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage - claims based with tail provided
- FMCSA NRCME certification + numerous other accredited CME provided
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Colleague referral bonus program; awarding referral bonuses up to $10,000.00 company-wide/nationwide
- Concentra Perks At Work/ Corporate discount plans
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans