Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner, Full Time Float, Orlando, FL
Please review description and eligiblity criteria before applying.
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a Float Physician Assistant who will provide comfort and care to patients when they need it most. As a Float Physician Assistant, you will be the go-to clinician for examinations as you work one-on-one helping patients. The treatments you provide, based on the exam results you and your team review and interpret collaboratively, will make a huge impact on the wellbeing of your patients.
Our Florida locations provide a full spectrum of workplace healthcare services, to help America’s workforce stay healthy and safe throughout their careers.
Services include preventive care, such as pre-employment fitness for duty exams, maintenance physicals, surveillance testing, immunizations & travel health services.
1 in every 5 injuries sustained in the workplace in the United States are treated by Concentra. Minor injuries may include lacerations, burns, removal of foreign bodies, other minor wounds and musculoskeletal injuries. Our centers are complemented with OnSite Physical Therapy to assist with helping our patients restore function and mobility.
Urgent Care services are offered to the community, as we care for patients ages 2 and up for acute injuries, sports physicals, etc. Urgent Care unrelated to the workplace is a small percentage of overall visits. We are not accepting sick visits at this time due to COVID (subject to change in the future).
With 522 locations nationwide, our colleagues work together to help keep America’s workforce healthy, one patient at a time. The treatments you provide will make a tremendous difference in the lives of those who look to us for care and comfort.
At Concentra, you are not only rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year, but you are also recognized as a key contributor within the company. Hone your skills with the chance to join medical expert panels, educate colleagues, and more. Whatever your career goals may be, Concentra will help you get there.
Concentra’s wide network of clinics ensure career growth opportunities and a healthy work-life balance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinic environment
- Schedule: Monday - Friday (occasional Saturdays may be requested in the future - currently, Orlando locations are only open Mon-Fri)
- HQ in 3 Orlando locations. You may view approximate locations and their distance from your home via our locations tool: www.concentra.com/locations
- Occasional travel outside of Orlando proper may be requested.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 100% patient care, see on average, 3 patients per hour
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- We utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Meet with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Minimum of 5 years of post-graduate experience in Occupational Medicine, Sports Medicine, Urgent Care or Emergency Medicine
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of an accredited PA-C or FNP program or an accredited university
- Board Certification
- Graduate of accredited PA or NP program of accredited university
- FMCSA NRCME required by first day of employment
- Ability to see patients ages 2 and up
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare/not opted out (for Urgent Care visits)
- Competitive base salary and monthly bonus opportunity
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off package /Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans