Physician Full Time Float
Full Time Staff Physician Float
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a Float Physician. Your patients, as well as your medical and support team, will look to you for your excellent problem solving and leadership skills. As a Concentra Float Physician, you will be accountable for assessing patients and providing treatments while ensuring an exceptional and reassuring experience. The treatments you provide will make a tremendous difference in the lives of those who look to us for care and comfort.
At Concentra, you not only are rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year but also by the recognition you receive as a leader within the company. Your ideas will be heard. In addition to patient care, every Physician has the opportunity to make an impact on procedures and policies at the Center. Take a closer look at Concentra.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinical environment 100% Outpatient
- Split time between our Ocala & Leesburg locations
- Shifts are weekdays only - no weekends required
- Schedule flexibility includes 2 options:
- Monday - Friday
- or modified full time .80/80% full time with one weekday OFF
- Schedule flexibility includes 2 options:
- Occupational Medicine/Workplace Health Focused
- Urgent Care serviced provided to the public (small % of total visits)
- OnSite Digital Xray
- OnSite Physical Therapy Department
- Robust front & back-office support teams
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR system
- Physician/Flexible Dress Code:
- Business professional attire
- Black Scrubs
- White coats are encouraged, but not required.
- Team approach: work alongside Full Time Physician Clinic Medical Director, Staff Physicians, Staff PA-C and Staff Np
Your safety and the safety of our patients is our top priority. To mitigate exposure to COVID in our clinics as much as possible, we are currently not accepting walk-in sick visits presenting with COVID symptoms.
Our Florida locations provide a full spectrum of workplace healthcare services, to help America’s workforce stay healthy and safe throughout their careers.
Core services include:
- Career focused preventive care, including pre-employment fitness for duty exams, maintenance physicals & surveillance testing.
- Treatment of 1 in every 5 minor injuries sustained at work in the United States.
- Early intervention sports medicine approach, to help patients rehabilitate from acute musculoskeletal injuries, via physician’s collaborative approach with on-site physical therapy
- Urgent Care services offered to the community
- Treatment of minor injuries and acute illnesses
- Sports physicals, travel health services & immigration exams
- Urgent Care unrelated to the workplace is a small percentage of overall visits in most locations.
- We do not provide traditional primary care services; we do not manage chronic conditions.
Staff Physician Responsibilities
- 100% patient care, see on average, 3 patients per hour
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
- Meet with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred in a related ABMS or AOA recognized specialty
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Active and unrestricted Florida medical license *Florida ACN not eligible
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction - required prior to start date
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare/not opted out, as we credential with all payors for Urgent Care
- FMCSA NRCME DOT certification required prior to start date. If not already certified, we do provide this CME.
- Generous Paid Time Off Package
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans