Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a PRN Physician Assistant who will provide comfort and care to patients when they need it most. As a PRN Physician Assistant, you will be the go-to provider for examinations as you work one-on-one helping patients. The treatments you provide, based on the exam results you and your team review and interpret collaboratively, will make a huge impact on the wellbeing of your patients.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinic environment - 100% outpatient
- One location in Ocala - primary area of scheduling
- Leesburg and Orlando are also optional
- Schedule shifts in advance
- Shift times are weekdays only - Monday through Friday
- Shifts times are commonly:
- Half days/partial shifts also available
- Multi-clinician center - work alongside a team of Physicians, NP and PA-C.
- Robust front & back office support team
- On-Site Physical Therapy Department
- Digital X-ray OnSite
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR system
- Occupational Medicine/Employee Health focused practice. Core services include:
- Pre-Employment Physical Exams
- Employment Maintenance Physicals
- Employment Surveillance Testing
- Treat minor acute injuries sustained in the workplace
- Urgent Care services are offered to the general public (small percentage of overall visits, generally less than 5%)
- Treat patients aged 2 and up
- We are currently not accepting sick visits presenting with COVID-like symptoms/upper respiratory illnesses.
At Concentra, you are not only rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year, but you are also recognized as a key contributor within the company.
Concentra’s wide network of clinics ensure career growth opportunities and a healthy work-life balance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
§ Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
§ Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
§ Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
§ Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
§ Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
§ Meets with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
§ Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
§ Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
§ Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
§ In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
Two + years of experience in occupational medicine, urgent care, sports medicine or an emergency medicine setting is preferred
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited PA or FNP program of accredited university
- Board Certification
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Active DEA (if not already licensed, required prior to start date)
- FMCSA NRCME (if not already certified, required prior to start date) - we provide this CME.
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- CME opportunities
- Colleague referral bonus program
- Colleague discount program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans