Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant, Full Time, Ocala, FL
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for an experienced Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. Your patients, as well as your medical and support team, will look to you for your excellent problem solving and leadership skills. As a Concentra clinician, you will be accountable for assessing patients and providing treatments while ensuring an exceptional and reassuring experience. The treatments you provide will make a tremendous difference in the lives of those who look to us for care and comfort.
Scope of services
Our Florida locations provide a full spectrum of workplace healthcare services, to ensure America’s workforce stays healthy and safe throughout their careers.
Services include preventive care, such as pre-employment fitness for duty exams, maintenance physicals, surveillance testing, immunizations & travel health services. We also offer injury care solutions for non-life-threatening injuries sustained at work. Our centers are complemented with OnSite Physical Therapy to assist with helping our patients restore function and mobility, as well as an Orthopedic specialist team to consult on cases that may require additional expertise.
Additionally, we also offer full Urgent Care services to the community, seeing patients ages 2 and up for minor injuries, sports physicals, etc. Urgent Care unrelated to the workplace is a small percentage of overall visits.
*Not accepting sick visits at this time as a COVID precaution*
With 522 locations nationwide, we provide care for America’s workforce in 44 states.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity is someone who is passionate about helping to keep Florida's workforce healthy & safe in their careers.
At Concentra, you not only are rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year but also by the recognition you receive as a leader within the company. Your ideas will be heard.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinical environment - stationary in Ocala, no travel required
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Shift times may flex to share with colleagues. Shift times may include: 7a-4p, 8a-5p, 9a-6p or 10a-7p
- Work alongside full time Center Medical Director (Physician) and other full time staff clinician colleagues
- Physical Therapy department OnSite
- Allscripts Touchworks EMR
- OnSite Digital Xray
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Meets with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
- Active and unrestricted Florida medical license
- Graduation from an accredited Family Nurse Practitioner program - OR - Graduate of an accredited PA program or an accredited university
- Minimum of two years post-graduate experience in a relative setting, preferably occupational medicine/employee health, urgent care, sports medicine or emergency medicine
- FMCSA NRCME
- Must be eligible to accept Medicare (for Urgent Care patients)
- Generous Paid Time Off Package
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans