Occupational Therapist Outpatient PRN (Hand Therapist)
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Concentra® pioneered the occupational medicine industry in 1979. Today, we’re redefining the future of health at work with best-in-class processes for integrated workplace health programs, leading technology and software, and skilled teams of expert clinicians that continue to lead the industry in workplace health innovation.
- #1 provider of occupational medicine in the United States
- 45 years in occupational medicine
- 700 medical centers and onsite clinics nationwide
- 11,000+ colleagues
- 7,000,000+ annual patient visits
- 100% of the Fortune 100 works with Concentra
As the nation’s #1 work health provider, we help millions of patients each year get back to work as safer and more productive employees. We proudly own and operate 500+ outpatient clinics across the United States, offering Occupational Medicine, Urgent Care, Physical Therapy and Advanced Specialist services. As we’ve grown, we’ve expanded into Wellness Services, Onsite Health and Telemedicine. Our practice is responsible for treating one out of every five injuries sustained in the workplace, and we stand behind our mission to improve the health of America’s workforce, one patient at a time. Our work makes us a trusted resource for some of the country’s largest employers, enabling our teams to give back to their local communities in a unique way. At Concentra, delivering quality health care requires a strong team at all levels of our organization.
Join Concentra, and you’ll experience a culture where the opportunities to advance your career are endless! We’ll provide you with: job stability, continuous on-the-job training, long-term career paths and growth, competitive compensation and salary package coupled with exceptional benefits and working for a healthcare organization that’s quickly growing and making a difference!
• Ensure delivery of high quality patient care services
• Perform direct patient care, including evaluation of muscle, skeletal, neurological and other physical problems.
• Support and encourage multidisciplinary coordination of treatment.
• Ensure proper documentation of patient care.
• Maintain professional standards through compliance with quality assurance policies/ procedures as well as applicable regulations and corporate policies.
• Implement effective communication with own and other departments' staff, with medical staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service and optimal patient care.
• Demonstrate effective problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities
• Inform Therapy Director of department problems, needs and solutions in a timely manner
• Plan, design, implement and interpret specific physical therapy treatment programs for patients to facilitate the patient's recovery and attainment of maximum physical potential
• Educate patients in the proper care and use of supports and performance of exercise programs.
• Perform or delegate patient treatment to include modalities, therapeutic exercises, gait training and hydrotherapy.
• Follow appropriate documentation and reporting procedures.
• Secure prescription for each patient treated.
• Work closely with the physician to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care.
• Assist marketing staff with tours as necessary.
• Take all necessary precautions to protect center assets and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
• Participate in professional development by attending center meetings and outside educational seminars
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college/university
• Current state licensure as an Occupational Therapist, Hand Therapy Certification preferred but not required
• Successful completion of the National Registry Examination
• Valid BLS
• Customarily has at least two or more years of demonstrated clinical experience with hand, wrist and elbow rehabilitation
• Ortho-outpatient experience, preferred
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated computer skills
• Demonstrated knowledge with all state specific and OSHA requirements regarding radiological procedures.
• Must successfully complete orientation and training as well as demonstrate competency in all required physical therapy tasks.
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans