Physician Assistant PRN
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a PRN Physician Assistant who will provide comfort and care to patients when they need it most. As a PRN Physician Assistant, you will be the go-to provider for examinations as you work one-on-one helping patients. The treatments you provide, based on the exam results you and your team review and interpret collaboratively, will make a huge impact on the wellbeing of your patients.
At Concentra, you are not only rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year, but you are also recognized as a key contributor within the company. H
Concentra’s wide network of clinics ensure career growth opportunities and a healthy work-life balance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinic environment
- 2 new locations opening in Fort Myers
- Fort Myers North - opening this Fall
- Fort Myers Airport - opening in early 2024
- You will hold privileges for both locations
- Shift times will generally be 8am-5pm, however, partial/half days are also available
- No weekends
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
§ Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
§ Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
§ Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift in Allscripts Touchworks EMR
§ Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
§ Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
§ Meets with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
§ Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
§ Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
§ Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
§ In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
Minimum of 2+ years of experience in occupational medicine/urgent care setting
- Active and unrestricted FL license
- Graduate of accredited PA or FNP program of accredited university
- Board Certification
- FMCSA NRCME required prior to start date - we provide this CME to those not certified
- Active DEA is required prior to start date - this is the PA/NP responsibility to obtain
- Must be comfortable treating a patient demographic of 2 years and older
- Must be proficient in treatment of minor injuries/minor procedures
- Must be eligible to be credentialed with all payors, including Medicare
This is a permanent W2 employed opportunity - we do not offer 1099/locums/contractor opportunities.
PRN colleagues are not eligible for a full benefits package, however, you will be eligible for the following PRN benefits:
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage - Claims based with tail provided
- 401(k) with Employer Match & Roth Option
- Accredited Category 1 CME courses
- FMCSA NRCME certification
- Concentra Perks At Work - Colleague discounts with most Fortune 500 goods and services
- Colleague referral bonus program: $10,000 referral bonus opportunities for full time positions nationwide
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans