Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, has an opening for a Physical Therapy Technician. As a Physical Therapy Technician, you will play Concentra’s most important role as the first and last point of contact for our physical therapy patients. We will rely on your ability to maintain a calm, friendly and welcoming demeanor under just about any circumstances while multitasking between greeting patients and managing a variety of other duties. You have the opportunity to develop close and long term relationships with our patients, partnering with them and the therapists to reach their therapy goals. As a health care provider, this role within Concentra affords you the chance and the resources to truly make an impact on the patients’ quality of life. In this role, you will assist in the overall operations of the clinic as well as facilitate client treatment programs with a Physical Therapist.
Join Concentra, and build a career in physical therapy through hands-on, successful training within a supportive environment where quality of care is paramount and opportunities for growth are almost limitless. Make a meaningful difference supporting and facilitating a team of professionals dedicated to setting a new bar in health care.
As a Physical Therapy Technician you will:
- Manage the front office of the physical therapy clinic. Since this a float position, this person will be required to float to multiple clinics in the Ft. Lauderdale area depending on business needs
- Assist in carrying out various treatment procedures under the supervision of the therapist
- Observe, record, and report patients’ conditions, reactions, and response to treatment to the therapist
- Maintains and operates all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures
- Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and equipment, and stocks exam rooms
- Obtains authorization as needed to process patients for services needed
- Checks patients in appropriate patient management system in accordance with client company protocols
- Answers incoming telephone lines in accordance with company procedures and directs the caller accordingly
- Checks out patients in appropriate patient management system according to procedure and distributes records according to the Employer’s protocols
- Files paperwork, medical records and correspondence according to defined company procedure
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and printed forms
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinical environment
- May require long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled