PRN/Per Diem: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Flex Scheduling
HQ to support Bradenton & Sarasota area clinics
From our 500+ locations nationwide, including our 31 Florida medical centers, we provide a full spectrum of workplace healthcare, to help America’s workforce stay healthy and safe throughout their careers.
Core services include:
- Career focused preventive care, including pre-employment fitness for duty exams, maintenance physicals & surveillance testing.
- Treatment of 1 in every 5 minor injuries sustained at work in the United States.
- Early intervention sports medicine approach, to help patients rehabilitate from acute musculoskeletal injuries, via our physician’s collaborative approach with on-site physical therapy.
- Sports physicals, travel health services & immigration exams
- Urgent Care unrelated to the workplace is a small percentage of overall visits in most locations.
- We do not provide traditional primary care services; we do not manage chronic conditions.
Your safety and the safety of our patients is our top priority. To mitigate exposure to COVID in our clinics as much as possible, we are currently not accepting walk-in sick visits presenting with COVID symptoms.
Work environment FAQ:
- Occupational Medicine/Workplace Health Focused + Urgent Care
- Clinical environment - 100% Outpatient
- OnSite Digital Xray
- OnSite Physical Therapy Department
- Robust front & back-office support teams
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR system
- Flexible Dress Code:
- Black Scrubs or business professional attire
- White coats are encouraged, but not required.
- Sign up for shifts in advance
- Shift times are weekdays only *we are not open Saturdays or Sundays in this region*
- Shift times are generally 8a-5p. We do not offer 12 hour shifts/are not open 12 hours per day.
- Half/partial shifts available on occasion.
- See on average, 3 patients per hour
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Meets with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
- Active and unrestricted Florida license
- FMCSA NRCME
- Graduation from an accredited Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience in occupational medicine or related setting
- Florida DEA
- Proficient with minor procedures, evaluating musculoskeletal injuries, interpreting xray
- Ability to treat patients ages 2 and up
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Colleague referral bonus program
- CME opportunities
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans