Medical Assistant Float Bilingual Boca Raton, FL $1000 sign on bonus
Concentra is the nation’s largest provider of workplace health services and we proudly own and operate 500+ outpatient clinics across the United States.
Are you a professional with a keen focus on patient experience who will make a difference in the way we provide healthcare? Have an interest in growing within healthcare?
Bring your talent to Concentra and find out just how far it can take you.
When you start your career with Concentra, you will develop alongside a dedicated team, making a positive impact on our patient experience, their quality of care, and happiness.
Our practice is responsible for treating one out of every five injuries sustained in the workplace. Our mission is to keep America’s workforce healthy, one patient at a time.
The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Concentra. In addition to a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- We offer a committed team that’s growing fast and making a difference
- We give you the opportunity to work with leading edge technologies that will continuously advance your knowledge and skills
- We provide mentorship and support through dedicated teams to help you s
- Triage patients as they present in clinic.
- Assists medical providers with trauma treatment including wound cleansing, dressing, casting and splinting. Performs eye and ear irrigations.
- Performs tasks related to physical examinations including the measurement of a patients vitals signs and weight. Performs tests including: EKG, audiometry, spriometry, and blood draws.
- Administers vaccines including tetanus, hepatitis B, PPD, flu, immune globulin, and rabies vaccine if allowable by state law.
- Collects and processes urine for drug testing. Assurance that all paperwork for collections is accurate.
- Collection error rate should be error free at 100%.
- Is responsible for all mailings that need to transpire between the client companies and WorkNet.
- Calibrates on a daily basis the blood alcohol, spirometry and audiometry machines. Keeps logs of readings.
- Daily refrigerator temperature check.
- Cleans examination rooms after each patient and at the end of day.
- Orders medications and all other clinic supplies.
- Ability to function on computer for program of registration, discharge, scheduling.
- Properly codes billing documents to reflect procedures performed.
- Collects hazardous wastes and arrange for disposal.
- Keeps an open line of communication between PD and staff members.
- At times, may be functioning as a Patient Service Specialist performing the following responsibilities, including but not limited to: answering telephones, directing telephone calls, scheduling patient appointments, checking in and out patients, understanding client protocols in the Occupational Medicine software, ordering office supplies, establishing, organizing and maintaining files/records.
- All other duties as required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of medical practice protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Preferred and Required Credentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certificate/Diploma from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant and some Occupational Medicine experience is preferred (Drug testing, Alcohol testing, Spirometry, Audiograms, Fit Testing)
- Minimum of 1 year experience preferred.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws
The position offers a robust benefit package including: medical, dental, Paid-Time-Off, and 401K retirement plans. In addition, the work days are from Monday – Friday, no weekends or holidays.
To apply, complete our FULL HR application at https://careers.selectmedical.com/.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.