Director of Medical Operations Wilmington, MA
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Builds clinical teams focused on service delivery, driving key business metrics, clinician support and growing core business. Also responsible for implementation of strategy and maintaining internal and external relationships across the markets. Ensures superb patient care, satisfaction, and employer experience. Accountable for clinical management of all sites (centers and onsites) within area of responsibility. 100% G&A with 80% of the time spent at sites.
- Location: Connecticut and Springfield, MA region.
- Ensures quality and patient safety through the execution of clinical model across markets and service lines.
- Manages key clinical metrics and holds clinicians accountable for PI’s, case length, days to first recheck, COP, Specialist Referral Rate and other disability management and referral pattern metrics delivered by Clinical Analytics.
- Monitors clinical outcomes and intervenes in outlier cases.
- Maintains clinical proficiencies in patient care and EMR/PM systems to support the ability to coach and fill in as needed, and identify need for Coding and EMR specialists intervention for field re-training.
- Participates in appropriate risk management activities.
- Drives patient and client experience/satisfaction metrics such as TAT, NPS, NPER, ENPS.
- Mentors clinicians on service delivery (e.g. managing difficult patients).
- Works collaboratively with therapy and operations to ensure appropriate support and work flows to foster caring environment for treatment
- Maintains and leverages relationships with employers, payers, referral sources, networks, local communities, etc. to drive market growth while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Mentors and coaches clinicians regarding the clinical model, outcomes, business metrics, patient/client satisfaction and center management.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for clinicians within the region including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, orientation, mentoring/development, engagement, retention, performance management and succession planning.
- Ensures patient care delivery teams are functioning at an optimal level.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration across multiple disciplines and teams to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Develops and executes action plans to address gaps in financial performance and growth across service lines to achieve the annual business plan.
- Plans and executes strategies as well as new clinical and business processes within the region.
- Manages clinical staffing and personnel costs.
- Manages and monitors key clinical metrics including efficiencies, cost per encounter, coding and documentation, and others, while understanding the relationship between these and financial outcomes.
- Direct reports: Varies
- Budget responsibility: Yes
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare
- Minimum 5 years directly applicable experience including relevant clinical and supervisory experience for clinical scope.
- Preferred 3 years experience in managed care, physician management and occupational/preventive medicine consulting with employer groups.
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off /Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans