The ideal candidate will perform under general supervision a variety of moderately complex to complex tasks related to ensuring timely and accurate medical billing and reconciliation of discrepancies. This includes electronic, paper and invoice billing and rebilling tasks. The position requires excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Concentra and Central Billing Office practices, policies, and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes all billing, state reports/transcriptions as required by each state.
- Processes client bills with special billing arrangements/agreements.
- Monitors transcription hold reports.
- Monitors claims indexing reports.
- Monitors Electronic Data Interchange billing reports.
- Provides assistance to clients with special billing requests.
- Monitors claim hold reports, releases charges when appropriate.
- Thoroughly reviews bills for accuracy following all Central Business Office, market and state guidelines.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- High School education, prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience
JOB RELAVENT EXPERIENCE:
- 2 or more years experience in medical billing
- Experience with a multi location practice
- CPT/ICD-9/HCPC knowledge
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Strong computer skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and experience
- Ability to operate 10 key numerical pad by touch
- Ability to work under tight time schedules
- Ability to set priorities and deliver in a fast paced environment.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, ability to deal with service areas, consultants and clients.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be detailed oriented
- Ability to assist peers
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift light weights of under 35 lbs.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.