Physical Therapist Center Therapy Director Outpatient Orthopedics Pueblo, CO
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
Provides rehabilitative services for the treatment of disabled, injured and diseased patients in a center in accordance with Concentra Medical Centers’ Injury Process Management and Concentra Medical Centers’ philosophy of rehabilitation in occupational medicine and Concentra policies, practices and procedures and applicable regulations.
• Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient experience.
• Manages key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes and holds therapists accountable: % MS Referred, Visits per Case, % Therapy SDE, % Seen, TOP.
• Consistently demonstrates all components of the Physical Therapy Guidebook and the Perfect PT visit.
• Manages clinical outcomes and addresses outlier cases with staff therapists.
• Ensures clinical workflows to optimize patient capture, processing of referrals and scheduling.
• Executes therapy plan for each patient with a focus on early intervention and same day evaluation.
• Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
• Works with DTO to identify clinical improvement opportunities.
• Fosters relationships with employers, referral sources and payer groups through routine communications and engagement opportunities.
• Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficient and excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care orders.
• Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
• Drives patient and client experience and satisfaction metrics
• Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CMD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
• Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
• Works with DTO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
• Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
• Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff therapists and PTSS within the center.
• Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient and colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
• Leads and promotes collaboration within CLT and across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
• Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
• Promotes center initiatives and work flows that are consistent with those in other centers.
• Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelors of Science or advanced degree in Physical Therapy (Doctor of Physical Therapy) from an accredited college or university
• Must meet licensure requirements of jurisdiction
• Customarily at least two years of demonstrated clinical experience in an occupational healthcare setting
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated outstanding clinical knowledge of physical/occupational therapy services
• Demonstrated outstanding dedication to Concentra’s philosophy of therapy in occupational medicine
• Demonstrated outstanding interest in the leadership of therapy staff
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and administrative abilities to the job responsibilities as described
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills and the ability to exercise proper judgment, make decisions, and motivate employees
- Many of our clinics offer working hours M-F, 8 to 5, no nights, no weekends, no holidays – along with 30+ days off a year.
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Varied annual stipend based on visit volume and scope of responsibility
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the range of $71,801.60 to $102,044.80 annually depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans