Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
As a Center Medical Director with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
The Clinic Medical Director (CMD) is responsible for all clinical aspects of their individual Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The Medical Director diagnoses and treats diseases and injuries of human internal organ systems and delivers preventive treatment of primary care needs, including chronic disease management, of patients through routine physical examination and testing.
- Actively participate, as well as oversee, diagnoses and treatment.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Complete documentation of the medical record utilizing the VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Manage day to day medical operations, ensure clinical quality expectations are met, provide exceptional customer service and partner with the Clinic Operations Director.
- Responsible for the supervision of all clinical provider personnel within the clinic which will include supervising and evaluating Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants working in collaborative practice, including chart review.
- Participate in the management of the clinic’s financial performance/P&L, including driving revenue growth through panel management, as well as managing costs such as usage of medical supplies.
- Responsible for enrollment growth, retention, and recovery to include participating in the clinic’s outreach events and enrollment initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a positive, collaborative working relationship with our VA partners, ensuring that the Regional Medical Director is kept informed of any significant issues.
- 4+ years clinical medical practice with healthcare management experience preferred
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Board certified in family practice or internal medicine
- Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment
- Current certification in Basic Life Support
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Performance Incentive Bonus
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled