Physical Therapist Outpatient Orthopedics PRN
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
Performs supervisory duties and evaluations on patients and helps them improve basic motor functions and reasoning abilities, but also compensate for permanent loss of function by teaching them to perform tasks in their daily living and working environments, in accordance with Concentra Medical Centers’ Injury Process Management and Concentra Medical Centers’ philosophy of rehabilitation in occupational medicine.
• Ensure delivery of high quality patient care services.
• Perform direct patient care, including evaluation of muscle, skeletal, neurological and other physical problems.
• Support and encourage multidisciplinary coordination of treatment.
• Ensure proper documentation of patient care.
• Maintain professional standards through compliance with quality assurance policies/ procedures as well as applicable regulations and corporate policies.
• Implement effective communication with own and other departments' staff, with medical staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service and optimal patient care.
• Demonstrate effective problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities.
• Inform Administrator of department problems, needs and solutions in a timely manner.
• Plan, design, implement and interpret specific physical therapy treatment programs for patients to facilitate the patient's recovery and attainment of maximum physical potential.
• Educate patients in the proper care and use of supports and performance of exercise programs.
• Perform or delegate patient treatment to include modalities, therapeutic exercises, gait training and hydrotherapy.
• Follow appropriate documentation and reporting procedures.
• Secure prescription for each patient treated.
• Work closely with the physician to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care.
• Assist marketing staff with tours as necessary.
• Take all necessary precautions to protect center assets and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
• Participate in professional development by attending center meetings and outside educational seminars
• Communicates with the Outcome Assurance Injury Coordinator or the Case Manager for each patient.
• Communication regarding the patients’ objective progress, compliance with the program, compliance with attendance of scheduled appointments, the therapist’s estimated time frame until discharged from therapy.
• Participates in clinical instruction of university occupational therapy and/or occupational therapist assistant students.
• Participates with the evaluation of the effectiveness of the rehabilitation quality management process and assist in new and improved processes.
• Ensures compliance with rules and regulations established by the relevant licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy program
• Masters’ Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy program, preferred
• Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the work state
• Customarily a new graduate to at least five years of demonstrated experience in an orthopedic setting with use of modalities, therapeutic exercises and isokinetic equipment
• Ortho-outpatient experience, preferred
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated computer skills
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work medical environment.
• Skill in developing and maintaining patient care records and writing reports.
• Skill in time management, planning and workload control.
• Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
• Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with Management, patients, medical staff and the general public.
• Must successfully complete orientation and training as well as demonstrate competency in all required physical therapy tasks.
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the range of $ 37.41 to $47.91 hourly depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans