Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Colorado Springs, CO
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
Subject to the medical protocols established by Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Concentra and in cooperation with other physicians assigned to a clinic or “Center”, if any, Physician Assistant shall provide primary medical direction and coordination of professional medical care within the occupational health program.
• Examines patient, compiles patient medical data and results of examination.
• Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
• Compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
• Interprets diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
• Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
• Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
• Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
• Assists in the development, implementation and revision of policies affecting medical practice judgment and quality of occupational health care.
• Assists in the development and presentation of education and instructional programs
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelors’ degree in related health field from an accredited college or university
• Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program)
• Passed the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE)
• Current licensed physician assistant in the state where employed and in accordance with state laws of practice
• Must maintain work state physician assistant licensure throughout the course of employment
• Customarily has at least one year of demonstrated experience in occupational medicine, urgent care or an emergency setting
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
• Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations
• Knowledge of laws and regulations that govern delivery of rehabilitation services
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation and clinical procedures and all processes involved in the delivery of quality care.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in Continuing Medical Education
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Production and Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off /Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the range of $120000 to $145000 annually depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans