Physician Denver, CO PRN
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
Subject to the medical protocols established by Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Concentra and in cooperation with other physicians assigned to a clinic or “Center”, if any, Physician shall provide primary medical direction and coordination of professional medical care within the occupational health program.
• Performs medical assessment of Center patients
• Establishes and monitors a medically appropriate level of care for center patients
• Maintains clinical core competency
• Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical policy and professional standards in occupational medicine and standards of Association and Concentra.
• Cooperates and participates in the development, implementation and revision of policies affecting medical practice, judgment and quality of occupational health care.
• Participates in and assists with in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, nurses and other personnel employed by or associated with Association or Concentra.
• Recommends potential means of growth and development for new and/or existing services within the Center; reviews statistical reports relative to Center operations.
• Meets with Concentra’s Medical Director their designee, on a regular basis to discuss quality of patient care and review policies, procedures and records
• Submits periodic reports on activities of the Center to Concentra and Association as requested.
• Assists in scheduling and providing medical coverage for Centers owned, operated or managed by Association or Concentra
• Provides budgetary input sufficient to guarantee that medical responsibilities can be adequately met by the center
• Promotes supports and engages in projects and activities which will develop or improve occupational medicine services delivered at the Center.
• Participates in and assists with routine and episodic quality assurance processes
• Assures compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies
• Participates in development and presentation of education programs for staff
• Represents Association and Concentra as reasonably required at internal and external meetings
• Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs and conducts work place walk-through and other on-site assessments.
• Regularly calls client representatives upon seeing employee patients for initial injuries and change of duty status
• Participates in the “call” program of Concentra and Association to facilitate after hours and weekend case care
• In the absence of the Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical staff (e.g. physician assistants, nurse practitioners and back/front office staff) to ensure Concentra’s mission is achieved.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Graduate of an accredited MD or DO program from an accredited university
• Must be board certified by ABPM, ABFM or other medical board in the state where employed and in accordance with state laws of practice
• Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
• Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
• Customarily has at least a new graduate or two years of demonstrated experience in occupational medicine, urgent care or an emergency setting
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative, and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
• Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations, OSHA, DOT
• Demonstrated knowledge of techniques and information needed to diagnose and treat human injuries.
• Demonstrated therapy and counseling knowledge.
• Demonstrated administration and management knowledge
• Demonstrated knowledge of Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology
• Demonstrated human behavior and performance knowledge
• Demonstrated customer and personal service knowledge including needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated knowledge of systems evaluation
• Demonstrated manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, speech clarity, and near vision.
• Demonstrated critical thinking, active learning, deductive reasoning and judgment, and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated speaking to effectively convey information to supervisors, peers, or customers.
• Demonstrated ability to instruct skills and to teach others.
• Demonstrated reading comprehension.
• Demonstrated ability to monitor self and other individuals and to take corrective action.
• Demonstrated social perceptiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to document and record information
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the range of $110 to $120 hourlydepending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans