Medical Assistant - Boulder, CO
Schedule: Full Time / 40 hours a week / M-F 8a-5p
Location: Boulder, CO (3300 28th Street)
Concentra is the nation’s largest provider of workplace health services (Occupational Health). We proudly own and operate 500+ outpatient clinics across the United States, offering Occupational Medicine, Urgent Care, Physical Therapy and Advanced Specialist services. As we’ve grown, we’ve expanded into Wellness Services, Onsite Health and Telemedicine. Our practice is responsible for treating one out of every five injuries sustained in the workplace, and we stand behind our mission to improve the health of America’s workforce, one patient at a time.
Join Concentra, and you’ll experience a culture where the opportunities to advance your career are endless! We’ll provide you with: job stability, continuous on-the-job training, long-term career paths and growth, competitive compensation and salary package coupled with exceptional benefits and working for a healthcare organization that’s quickly growing and making a difference!
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Keywords: Medical Assistant | MA
- Performs ancillary testing and tasks (including but not limited to vaccines and injections, phlebotomy, PFTs, audiogram testing and respirator fit testing) as ordered by treating clinicians.
- Performs rapid screening tests (influenza, strep, mono, glucose, etc.)
- Prepares patients for physical examinations, including taking vital signs and performing all required testing.
- Responsible for performing routine medical procedures as ordered by treating clinician.
Triages and dispositions all patients.
- Assists providers during examination and treatment.
- Prepares for and assists clinician with surgery set up and injury care.
- Applies bandages, dressings and splints as ordered by the treating clinician.
- Dispenses medications and appliances as ordered by the treating clinician and in accordance with state regulations.
- Performs DOT and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing.
- Maintains and operates all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Completes quality assurance activities on equipment and medical devices as well as testing processes used in the center.
- Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and equipment, and stocks exam rooms.
- Notifies supervisor immediately if equipment is not functioning properly, supplies are needed, or facility is not operating as expected.
- Manages patient flow and volume. Keeps patients informed of expected wait times.
- Responsible for clerical tasks in both the front and back office associated with patient care and proper record keeping. Ensures accuracy in documentation.
- Cross trained to perform Front Office duties including greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communicating wait times, etc.
- Answers telephone as needed.
- Attends center staff meetings as required.
- Assists in maintaining a neat, clean, and orderly appearance throughout the facility.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited school (credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations) or Military Medical Specialist with current Medical Assistant credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations
- Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
- Previous medical office experience preferred
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers, and other employees.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Must successfully complete orientation and training as well as demonstrate competency in all required medical tasks.
- Obtain all certifications required of Medical Support Specialists including but not limited to Drug Screen Collection, Breath Alcohol Certification, Hair and Oral Fluids Collection.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Center Achievement Bonuses
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the state range of $19.51 to $25.36 hourly depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans