Limited Scope X-Ray Tech Aurora, CO Full Time
Applies X-rays to patients for diagnostic purposes as directed by physician and concurrent with Concentra medical protocols in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures and applicable regulations.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Positions patient under X-Ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection.
- Administers routine X-Ray exams, assists in physical exams, assists physician in treatment of injured patients by giving injections, changing dressings, or removing sutures under the physicians or nurses directions.
- Adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered.
- Maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-Rays as required for referrals and/or copying.
- Keeps logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals.
- Makes minor adjustments to equipment.
- Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited program for X-Ray technicians.
- Licensed in accordance with state of jurisdiction.
- 6 months experience in X-Ray department (PREFERRED)
- Rad Techs and Medical Assistant X-Ray Techs with the appropriate licensure per state requirements will also be considered
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Familiar with routine medical procedures
- Operation and control of equipment
- Effective speaking to convey information
- Equipment operation monitoring
- Reading comprehension
- Active listening
- Social perceptiveness
- Technology design abilities to generate or adapt equipment and technology to serve user needs
- Written comprehension
- Information ordering
- Speech clarity
- Service orientation
- Clinic environment
- Spend significant amount of time standing
- Wearing of specialized protective equipment
- Use hands to control handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled