Physician Center Medical Director Aurora Chambers CO
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
The Center Medical Director works with the Center Leadership Team at assigned Center, and under the direction of the Regional Medical directs the Center’s medical policies and programs ensuring the delivery of affordable, efficient, responsible and accountable occupational healthcare of the highest quality to business, industry and patients in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the state range of $235,000 to $255,000 depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority. Accepting applications on an ongoing basis.
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Accepting applications on an ongoing basis.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
• Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient experience.
• Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
• Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes: Practice Indicators, COP, GRV, LOS, TAT, Specialist Referral Rate, Primary Care Case Duration, Days to First Recheck, % of cases with Lost Time, Limited Duty, and Full Duty.
• Manages clinicians and support staff and complies with APC supervisory requirements.
• Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
• Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
• Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care orders.
• Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
• Drives patient and client experience metrics.
• Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes.
• Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
• Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
• Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
• Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
• Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
• Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
• Leads and promotes collaboration within CLT and across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
• Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
• Promotes center initiatives and work flows that are consistent with those in other centers.
• Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Graduate of an accredited medical program with a M.D. or D.O.
• Must be board certified by ABPM, ABFM or medical board in the state where employed and in accordance with state laws of practice
• Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
• ACLS Certified, preferred
• Five to eight years of experience in occupational medicine, urgent care or an emergency setting
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
• Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations, OSHA, DOT
• Medicine knowledge
• Biology knowledge
• Chemistry knowledge
• Systems evaluation knowledge
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance
• Administration and management knowledge
• Customer and personal service knowledge including needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Judgment and decision making
• Critical thinking
• Speaking to effectively convey information to supervisors, peers, or customers
• Instructing skills to teach others
• Demonstrated knowledge of techniques and information needed to diagnose and treat human injuries.
• Demonstrated administration and management knowledge
• Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
• Ability to “put patients first” and enjoys treating patients.
• Superior patient/customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
• Must be a team player in a multidisciplinary environment;
• Demonstrates a value of all contributions to product and outcome;
• Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor (no arrogance) at all times both to external and internal clients.
• Agrees, supports and commits to Concentra’s core practice standards and Policies and Procedures.
• Skilled in reviewing the clinical work of others according to professional standards and practice guidelines.
• Ability to supervise, evaluate, coach, and develop staff.
• Ability to display high degree of inspiration for team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction.
• Willingness to learn and continuously improve, to be audited, observed, and reviewed; is positively responsive to feedback.
• Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures
• Basic computer skills, including email
• Preferred experience with electronic medical record application
• Familiarity with corporate human resource policy and practice
• Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated ability to coach, instruct and teach