Certified Hand Therapist Physical Therapist
The Physical Therapist/Hand Therapist implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy/hand therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with NovaCare/Select Physical Therapy policies and procedures. Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care. Maintains a positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payers and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Understand appropriate state Practice Act and adhere to the laws which govern how Physical Therapists/Hand Therapists may practice and whom Physical Therapists/Hand Therapists may supervise.
- Review NovaCare/Select Physical Therapy’s Policies & Procedures manual on a yearly basis and adheres to the policies and procedures set forth as well as any updates.
- Complete and maintain all Corporate & Clinical Services required trainings and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary. Document this need clearly.
- Maintain ongoing documentation in which goals, progress toward functional goals, and medical necessity are clearly stated.
- Complete all required documentation (pre-certifications, physicians reports, daily notes, charge tickets, etc.) legibly or electronically, appropriately and in a timely fashion in order to meet facility, physician and payor deadlines.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by Center Manager (may include utilization review, infection control, disaster preparedness, etc.)
- Utilize time efficiently and effectively to meet productivity requirements of the facility.
- Participate in and present clinical in-services.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
- Possess grasp ability sufficient for cutting splint material.
- Successful completion of those educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy.
- Current State licensure or eligibility for licensure in the State of which he or she will practice.
- Minimum of two years experience in application of custom splinting pre and post-op orthopedic preferred.
- Minimum two years in adult rehabilitation; hand and splinting experience preferred.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the range of $82,641.94 to $108,739.40 depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority".