Medical Support Specialist Scribe Van Nuys, CA Per Diem
We're in the amazing position for a future filled with growth and success. Bring your talent to Concentra, one of the largest health care providers in the nation and find out just how far it can take you. Are you ready to be a part of the team?
Concentra has an opening for a Medical Support Specialist Scribe. Working as a Medical Assistant, you will perform routine medical and testing procedures under direct supervision of the treating clinician. You will ensure that every patient is treated the Concentra Way: with quality clinical care and by providing an excellent patient experience from welcoming, respectful and skillful colleagues.
- Work one-on-one with patients as a health care provider
- Monitor the flow of onboarding patients and delivering routine medical care
- Handle blood draws, injections, EKGs, vitals, drug screens, rooming patients and much more.
- Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician
- Greet our patients, obtain their medical histories and verify patient information
- Provide assistance during examinations and treatment
- Accurately and thoroughly documents medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician, including but not limited to:
- Patient medical history and physical exam
- Procedures and treatments performed by healthcare professionals
- Patient education and explanations of risks and benefits.
- Physician-dictated diagnoses, prescriptions and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up
- Prepare referral letters as directed by the physician
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as directed by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
- Assist the front office team as needed
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program, training as a medical assistant, or military medical specialist with current credentials in the state of employment
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, clinical office environment
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans