Referral Management Coordinator Valencia, CA
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: Improving the health of America’s workforce, one patient at a time. Our commitment is that every patient is treated the Concentra Way: quality clinical care and a positive customer experience from welcoming, respectful and skillful colleagues. We do this by putting all customers first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Referral Management Coordinator works as the first point of contact with injured employees referred to our company. The Referral Management Coordinator assists the physicians, employers and payors, ensuring customer services is the top priority, with the administrative follow up that allows the injured employee to return to work as quickly as possible.
- First point of customer concern for assigned cases and driving resolution.
- Assist with daily completion of assigned patient referrals, while meeting production requirements
- Obtains authorization for Specialist referrals and schedules appointments accordingly
- Provides all necessary information such as medical records, prescriptions, etc. to payor
- Communicates with partners, payor, employer, and patient as appropriate
- Establish relationships with provider, employer and payor communities
- Handles high volume of calls according to the call guidelines of the department
- Other duties as assigned
- Directly responsible for meeting performance requirements and accurate completion of daily assignment
- Reports to Referrals Supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Able to pass a typing test
- Able to use 4-6 systems simultaneously
- Proficient with scheduling / insurance verification software
- 1 year in medical field preferred - service delivery (referrals, claims, insurance, billing, etc.)
- 1 year answering high volume customer service calls
- Experience with Worker's Compensation preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Display business etiquette and be skilled in the arts of subtlety and tact
- Excellent time management skills with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain productive business relationships
Working conditions/physical demands
- Office environment
- This position requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.