Client Services Representative Valencia, CA Full Time
Perform insurance verifications for all clients in the USHW databases. Process not in the system (NIS) clients. Maintain and update employer and carrier information in USHW databases
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expired Insurance: Contact client to get updated information for expired and expiring insurance policies in order to update AS400
- NIS: Complete and forward NIS to applicable Sales person for review and follow up
- Employer Set-Ups: Verify the accuracy of employer set ups after they’ve been entered into AS400. Proof info in AS400 against info as submitted by the Sales team as reflected in Salesforce.com’s master. Add AS400 number on account in Salesforce.com after it has been assigned.
- Update clieEnt protocols in AS400 (carrier update, contact names, #s, etc)
- Handle CCS sign up for client requests
- Mapping of prospects: provide mapping using IMPACT as needed.
- Opened not closed: Email accounts that have opened but not yet closed at the 30, 60, and 90 day marks to remind them that they’ve signed up to use us; cc the applicable salesperson.
- Cross-reference prospects to existing accounts in AS400 (in CA: AIG CORE accounts. In WA: retro groups)
- Assist with special projects (flu clinic coordination; acquisitions).
- Master file clean up: including surveying customers: re: master file changes
- Survey top employers: send a client survey with an employer master to each center’s top clients, requesting that the client update any info as needed on the master and to provide feedback re: our services
- Leads research in Reference USA to identify new prospects for Sales teams
- Marketing mailings: Assist with the preparation of info packets to clients and prospects
- Assist in hosting in-clinic events and tours, where applicable.
- Attend off-site events (health fairs, trade shows, flu clinics, etc) and provide assistance (BP, forms completion, etc), where applicable.
- Perform Urgent Care marketing activities, where applicable.
- Document all activities in Salesforce.com, including client info, calls, meetings, and tours.
- Communicate any problems or client complaints directly and immediately to the sales team, Center Manager, and Managing Physician for immediate resolution.
- Meet deadlines for work assignments and inform work status and progress to the Sales team, RSD, Center Managers, and Managing Physicians.
- Maintain thorough documentation of any communication with clients and with other staff according to department policies.
- Perform related work as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Desire to meet and exceed clients’ needs and expectations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent working knowledge of center operations.
- Knowledge of company programs, services and resources available to clients to fulfill the objectives of the position and the department.
- Communicate and work professionally with other staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high quality service is provided.
- Excellent telephone manners and etiquette.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to complete assigned projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to get along with others.
- Willingness to take on added responsibilities and projects as requested by upper management.
- Ability to correctly complete an employer registration form and physical protocol forms.
- Ability to understand and follow company’s organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to professionally interact with clients, patients, and co-workers.
- Attend continuing education seminars and meetings as required
- Sufficient knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling to correctly enter patient information into the computer.
High school or general education certificate; one to two years of college or trade school preferred.
One year experience in a similar position, preferably related to healthcare sales and/or Workers' Compensation. Computer, word processing experience, knowledgeable about Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) a must; mail merge and mapping programs experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to manage complications involving several variables in standardized situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent telephone contact with clients. Interaction with others is constant with frequent interruptions. Contact may involve dealing with angry, upset or uneasy people. Work may be demanding at times.
Work is primarily office work and requires sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires moderate typing skills and sufficient manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier, dictation recorder and such other office equipment as necessary. Normal or corrected vision to acceptable levels for common office work. Hearing must be in the acceptable range for telephone contacts. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for variable periods of time.