Cash Auditor Valencia, CA Full Time
The desired result of the cash application auditor position is the research of all monies received that requires additional research for proper application. The payment cash application auditor must ensure accurate, organized research into all payments not clearly identified for line item application. The cash application auditor is responsible for the research of any payment creating a credit balance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The payment cash application auditor will be required to oversee the maintenance of Explanation of Review files provided to the auditor after the close of month end. Excess EOB’s received in for the prior month will be reconciled during the following month. These files must be kept current, insuring that all Explanation of Reviews that can be reconciled are reconciled in the AS400 system.
- They will be responsible for the coding of adjustments in standing with the defined adjustment protocols, should a credit balance not be a true refund.
- The cash application auditor will be responsible to ensure that all payments received on patient accounts, which create a credit balance, are researched.
- The cash application auditor will be responsible to ensure that the originator of any check creating a credit balance is notified with a minimum of two letters.
- The cash application auditor will be required to maintain a file of all correspondence to and from payors regarding payment creating credits.
- The auditor will be responsible for preparing any necessary refunds to payors. All refunds must be copied and filled with the above correspondence.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum of 2 years payment posting experience. Workers’ Compensation industry knowledge preferred.
- Must be ten-key proficient.
- Computer skills for practical purposes.
- Working knowledge of the patient explanation of benefits and insurance payment terminology.
- Collection experience desired but not required.
Must have basic verbal and written communication skills.
Must have strong mathematical skills in addition, subtraction, division, and percentages. This requirement will enable the payment poster/cash application specialist to interpret patient explanations of review and post monies accurately to patient accounts.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift light weights of under 15 lbs.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled