Radiologic Technologist - $5000 sign on bonus
*Up to $5000 sign on bonus
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
We're in the amazing position for a future filled with growth and success. Bring your talent to Concentra, one of the largest health care providers in the nation and find out just how far it can take you.
When you build your Radiologic Technologist career with Concentra, you will learn and grow alongside a dedicated team, making a positive impact on our patient experience, their quality of care and happiness. Concentra will empower you to learn and perform a variety of facets in medical care. Not only do we handle diagnostic x-ray examinations and produce x-ray images for interpretation by licensed practitioners, but you will also get to support and directly perform other routine medical procedures.
- Prepares patients for X-Ray exams, positions patients based upon the type of procedure to be performed.
- Administers routine X-Ray exams as ordered by the treating clinician.
- Adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure.
- Maintains quality assurance by performing appropriate validity tests and keeping quality assurance records, as required by Concentra X-Ray Compliance Manual.
- Maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-Rays as requested for referrals and/or copying.
- Keep logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals. Positions patient under X-Ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection.
- Administers drugs or chemical mixtures orally or as enemas to render organs opaque.
- Assists in treating diseased or affected areas of body under supervision of Physician, by exposing area to specified concentrations of x-rays for prescribed periods of time.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered.
- Keeps logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals.
- Makes minor adjustments to equipment.
- Assists providers during examination and treatment.
- Maintains and operates all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Completes quality assurance activities on equipment and medical devices as well as testing processes used in the center.
- Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and equipment, and stocks exam rooms.
- Notifies supervisor immediately if equipment is not functioning properly, supplies are needed, or facility is not operating as expected.
- Manages patient flow and volume. Keeps patients informed of expected wait times
- Responsible for clerical tasks in both the front and back office associated with patient care and proper record keeping. Ensures accuracy in documentation.
- Cross trained to perform Front Office duties including greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communicating wait times, etc.
- Answers telephone as needed.
- Attends center staff meetings as required.
- Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the facility.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current licensure by the state in which employed, if state offers a licensing certification program
- Current registration with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), or have an equivalent Radiologic Technology credentialing agency
- CPR/First Aid Certification (preferred)
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Helps lift patients weighting up to 300 pounds to place them in appropriate positions for operation of equipment. Specific vision abilities required for this job include vision acuity at least normal or corrected vision, the ability to adjust focus and have color translation perception, the ability to discern the differences in color that allows to operate equipment and review documents/developed films.
The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Concentra. In addition to a full medical plan with a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing fast and making a difference
- At many locations, Radiologic Technologists (Rad Techs) enjoy a M-F schedule – your weekends are all yours
- Work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance your knowledge and skills
- Mentor and support your team members to succeed
We are the nation’s largest provider of workplace health services, and we proudly own and operate 500+ outpatient clinics across the United States, offering Occupational Medicine, Urgent Care, Physical Therapy and Advanced Specialist services. Our practice is responsible for treating one out of every five injuries sustained in the workplace. Our mission is to keep America’s workforce healthy, one patient at a time.
Are you ready to make Concentra your final career destination? We look forward to working with you very soon.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans